Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dying to play in the snow with my truck for too long. We keep getting 'teaser' snow showers at night here in Fbx...nothing sticks. I need to do some power-slides before I go nuts! Is it just me?

-SM

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bueller?

Fry?

Someone hear a cricket?

Finally got some snow in town last night. I got to see about 15-20 wrecks on all within 3 miles of each other. Somehow people up here 'forget' how to drive on ice over the summer....I just went and played in a parking lot to get the T-case and front axle 'juices' flowing. ;D

I'll post back to myself next time it snows ::)

-SM

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
don't worry, they never learn how drive in rain around here, let alone snow or ice ;D

Oh, and no snow so far, only about mid 70s to lower 80s and sunny, with occasional maritime fog ;)

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Holy chit!!! :eek: Klaus found his way onto the Alaska board! Actually, I think you are one of the only other members that has posted here since I joined.....

Anyhoo. Warm weather is for the birds. I am ready to play...espesially if I get the '84 4x4, slant 6 4 speed ;D No snow berm will be safe... ;D

-SM

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
yeah, seems like you 3 or four regulars from up there are too busy to talk much among yourself on here....

I'm looking forward to get home in a couple of weeks and test the e-brake on my mom's car again...you know, just making sure that it still works ;D Or as my dad always says: practice driving techniques in case you need it on the road when it gets hairy ;)

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
santak said:
I'm looking forward to get home in a couple of weeks and test the e-brake on my mom's car again...you know, just making sure that it still works ;D Or as my dad always says: practice driving techniques in case you need it on the road when it gets hairy ;)
I have tried that excuse with the police....it worked the first two times. Unfortunately now they recognize me (or maybe the truck) and it is no longer a 'good' excuse... :(

Now I just flat out tell them I am screwing around. ;D Most times they just tell me to go home.

BTW--cops get really pissed off up here when they pull into the parking lot, lights flashing, and you are power-sliding directly towards their cruiser. ;D ;D

-SM

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Slanted_Mind said:
BTW--cops get really pissed off up here when they pull into the parking lot, lights flashing, and you are power-sliding directly towards their cruiser. ;D ;D

-SM
They are, huh? How come? ;D
well, lucky me, we have an empty parking lot of the local soccer club just minutes from our house and conviently located off a road that you pass on your way to and from our house. Nobody really living there either, plus lots of save room to play and hopefully some fresh snow by the time I get home :)

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And of course it has warmed up again....all the snow is gone. Freakin weather needs to make up its mind. At the very least it needs to put these stinkin fires out. At least the smoke is gone...for the most part ::)

-SM

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhhh, looks like the snow is finally here to stay. Ice-glazed parking lots can make for hours of entertainment ;D

-SM

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
seems like winter is rolling around here, too. Finally, we had the first rain down here yesterday since April ;D

G

·
I don't log onto this chapter board much- really only SL and myself left now- Justin is in school in Wyoming- RamFreak got pissed at a couple posters here and never came back- though I see him every couple of months in person.

It snowed very early here last month but melted away- probably will snow any day now as I want to clean my backyard up LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm itchin' to do some sliding around myself. Hopefully I've learned to chill with the gas pedal since my last time behind the wheel of a rear wheel drive. Front wheel drives are fun, but they don't compare to rear when yer itchin for some power sliding. I've been pulled over waaaaay to many times. The one thing about Anchorage is once the've pulled ya over two times, they know ya...... and RC's are easy to spot here.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every time I drive to Anchorage the roads are dry or wet from all the salt there pour on the roads down there. Where do you find areas to 'play' in?

And I feel your pain on the 'cops know ya'....been there before ;D

-SM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Me? There are plenty of big parking lots here that I can slide around in. Many places like University Center don't haul thier snow away. They just pile and pack it. Good climbin fun. Playin in the summer time though means driving out to Ruby Lake or soldotna.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I ever get down that way this winter (for bowling tournaments) you will have to show me where I can go 'play'. ;D

You'd think after living up here for over 20 years I would know my way around Anchorage--somehow I manage to get lost damn near every time. When that happens I just drive towards the mountains until I am back on the highway ::)

-SM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hehe. I know the feeling. I've driven to Fairbanks 5 times now and still get lost. I remember trying to make it there on one tank in my ex's little Honda. Almost made it. Ran outta gas 60 miles outside Fairbanks. If you ever come down here and we have good ice covered parking lots, I'll show ya.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL--I tried making it to Anchorage on one tank once....didn't even come close. Ran out over 100 miles out (don't ask, wasn't really paying any attention to the fuel gauge). Ended up walking about 5 miles before someone picked me up, and gave me a ride to the next gas station (another 6 miles). Walked back. :(

Getting lost in Fbx? The only roads you need to know are Airport way, Steese Hwy, University avenue, and Johanson Expy. Those 4 can get you just about anywhere in Fbx. :)

I may take you up on that offer here in a couple months--assuming work doesn't take me out to BFE this winter. ;D

-SM

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
;D hi sm rampar here ///if you get near a mag. rack find street trucks.. look on page 44 rh sidecenter looks good quinn ;)

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rampar410 said:
;D hi sm rampar here ///if you get near a mag. rack find street trucks.. look on page 44 rh sidecenter looks good quinn ;)
What month issue? Will this be your truck or???

-SM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. W00T! Hehe what a great weekend to go out and slide some corners. Finaly we got snow this weekend. W00T!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts