Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no done anything to my dads old 89 ramcharger he gave me when he bought a new truck. So first thing i want to do is get a new exhaust system. So my exhaust is stock and does not sound all that good. I want to know which company to buy from. I heard flowmaster is good and dynotech is good also. How do I know they have exhaust systems since mine is soo old? Thanks. I am new here btw

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I got a Dynomax 2.5" cat back system ( muffler and tail pipe ) from summit a couple years ago for about $130
truckperformance has a Flowmaster 3" cat-back system for $295 for the aluminized and $425 for the stainless.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have about $2000 to spend on my 89 RC. What should I buy. I want new tires,exhaust,body lift. Could I get all those done with my $2000? Also If i have money left I would like to get new speakers and a cd player put in. What size speakers do the 1989 model have?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Sometimes you have to look at the Ram 150's and not just a Ramcharger. A Ramcharger is basicaly a shortened Ram 150 short bed. So, you can use the same exhaust, just have to cut a few inches off of it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
6x9 Speakers are used in the doors.
I would bring it to a recommended exhaust shop and have them do a custom exhaust job. It should be cheaper and more fun than lying under the truck wrestling with tubing and such. Of couse, there was a time when I enjoyed that sort of thing.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
i've installed a few of the so called "bolt in" systems. do yourself a favor, drop it off at a well known muffler shop and let them do it. most good shops are selling dynomax, flowmaster and such right there on site so you can get the sound you want and it's guarenteed to fit right when they back it out of the bay

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Don't forget to get an "H" pipe between the two banks for a bit more HP. For 2K you should be able to do everything you want as long as you stay sane. You could blow two grand on just tires if you wanted, or just two grand on the exhaust! A body lift should be only a little over one hundred dollars look on Ebay.

If Spartenburg requires emissions testing you might go and get the truck "sniffed" to see if the cats are still working. If they are shot, then you will have to budget some more $$$ for new cats but then you could get two high flow ones and then add a supercharger and nitrous and.............

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
as for the exhaust i went with 2.5" flowmasters and received the airflow and the sound i was looking for, the lift however come from beltech and im not sure if like it yet or not, #1 to expensive and #2 to much of a pain to put in

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello All,

Just did Magnaflow 2.5 5x8x18 on my 318 stock and it sounds good, but is on the mellow side for sure. The truck is stock from cat forward. This truck does not need much in the way of muffler. My buddies Hemi Ram with same muffler is MUCH louder and raspy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.