Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
29,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vending machines!

I was feeling rather hungry just now and felt that I had earned a nice, cold, caramely Snickers Ice Cream Bar (the nectar of the gods I tell ya what) because I rode my bike both last night and today.
So, I go to the lunch room, sure enough, they are out. So I go with my second choice; a Twix Ice Cream Bar (just as cold and caramely, but not nearly the perfection of a Snickers), the damn machine beeps and says (well, displays) "Please Make Another Selection". No explanation, no apology, nothing!

Of course I try it several more times, same thing. I then move onto my third choice, Granny B's Pink sugar cookies (450 calories of goodness, with frosting a quarter of an inch thick), same damn thing, "Please Make Another Selection".  :mad:

So I move onto my fourth choice, just a regular ButterFinger Bar (which is contained in a different machine), Finally success! However, as I'm sure you all have experienced yourselves because it does it every time.......the bar breaks in half as it lands at the bottom of the machine!  :mad:

Feel my pain.

·
7,250 Posts
herostoryrory said:
It's all George Bush's fault.
Nope, its Obama's fault.

Chris

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
At least it didnt get stuck in the machine, hanging by a magical thread that wont give no matter how hard you shove the machine. ultinately causing you to spend another $1.50

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
wycowboy said:
Nope, its Obama's fault.

Chris
Not quite yet, the cycle isn't complete, in 2012 when a republican is in, then it will be Obama's fault for 4 years.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
And I understand completely....just late Thursday night or early Friday morning.... {think}....hell I can't remember....it was dark and I'd been awake for awhile (day or so)....I had gone into Camp Mackall's fuel point to fuel up a Humvee....with the humidity and all I have been drinking water and GatorAdes to the saturation point....so once the truck was topped off I thought since I'm here I'll grab a nice ice cold Coke from the machine in front of the Shopette....so I pull up front, toss in $1.25 in quarters in the slot, hit the button and....

"NOTHING HAPPENS!"

Externally I am the calmest person on earth (except for the "WTF!" that slipped out)....Internally not so much....as I wonder if this Humvee is the one with the tow strap....and if I could get through the gate with the machine in-tow....since it was not a viable option and I wasn't going to try my hand again at vending machine roulette, I got my sweat soaked ass back in the truck and drove back out into the woods....

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
After getting excited over a sickers ice cream bar(not my favorite but in the top5), a reglar butterfinger mineaswell be a veggie-burger or somthing.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Asymetric said:
After getting excited over a sickers ice cream bar(not my favorite but in the top5), a reglar butterfinger mineaswell be a veggie-burger or somthing.
Are you drunk?

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
willy J said:
Are you drunk?
Reading this made me think of the last time I was drunk..........I was drinking with you (among others) that night.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
lol...

Yeah you kinda talked like he spelled. Course that makes ME sound like the bad influence. Pretty good times at Moab though!

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
You were the bad influence......you had the zip ties.....

;) ;D

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
lol...

oh shenanigans.

·
29,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cooper30 said:
Reading this made me think of the last time I was drunk..........I was drinking with you (among others) that night.
I remember I had giggle fits like a goofy teenager.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Not drunk. Jr thought she could play with my laptop and left an open capri sun laying on my keyboard drippng away.  After cleaning, it doesnt stick anymore but alot of key presses dont register. Got a new one comming in the mail.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Oh that sucks....

New laptop or keyboard? Take the keyboard portion off and rinse it with alcohol and blow it out with compressed air. Just have to seperate the case. Not hard.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Asymetric said:
LMAO!....that anticipation of the taste buds....and the "resulting shock" from a substitute.... :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
willy J said:
Oh that sucks....

New laptop or keyboard? Take the keyboard portion off and rinse it with alcohol and blow it out with compressed air. Just have to seperate the case. Not hard.
Just a new keyboard. Dont even have to seperate the case on this one. 3 screws and its out. I did clean it with alcohol. All that did was keep the keys from sticking. New keyboard was only $30 so i just went ahead and ordered one.

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
wycowboy said:
Nope, its Obama's fault.

Chris
It was Carter's fault. He is the one to blame. Jimmy Carter. Do some research, its true. He was conspirator behind vending machine debacles. It was an earmark during the Iran Hostage Crisis of 1980.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Ole Red said:
It was Carter's fault. He is the one to blame. Jimmy Carter. Do some research, its true. He was conspirator behind vending machine debacles. It was an earmark during the Iran Hostage Crisis of 1980.
The secret reason most of the middle east hates our guts. Lousy american vending macines. I can just imagine BinLaden years ago kicking a vending machine that diddnt drop his pretzles and vowing to get even.

I can see clearly now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts