Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there must be someone here who can answer this question. A turbo 350, it takes almost 15 quarts to fill it if it's bone dry, right? I put this tranny in the car bone dry, tranny was dry, tq converter was dry, cooler lines were dry, etc... and i put in 5 quarts, the car moved about 20 feet and stopped moving, then i added 8 more and the car will go about 30 miles an hour, but it won't go up hill and it wont shift out of 1st. Is it a valve body, a torque converter? the dipstick says im over full now. Please help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
pull the tranny back out you HAVE TO PUT TRANNY FLUID IN THE TORQUE CONVERTER THEN SLIDE IT ON TRANNY re install the tranny

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
NORTHEASTBEAST said:
pull the tranny back out you HAVE TO PUT TRANNY FLUID IN THE TORQUE CONVERTER THEN SLIDE IT ON TRANNY re install the tranny
Nah, just let the car idle in neutral for about 20 minutes, then take it for a drive.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The vacuum line is hooked up, i have driven the car, i took it for a ten minute ride around town, with open headers that was interesting. I believe that the tranny will put fluid in the converter all on it's own, by letting it idle and certainly by driving it. Im thinking maybe a bad valve body.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.