Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Obviously I'm missing like half a body mount on the drivers side all the way back.  I also feel like this mount up front is important.  It's underneath the radiator support.  Neither side has anything in it.

Rock auto has body support kits, I assume all these parts would be included in this kit?  Most of the mounts look to be in good shape.  Sway bar, not so much, parts are on the way for it as well as shocks all around.  I'm only finding polyurathane kits, anybody know a source for stock rubber?

Attachments

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
the POLY stuff is much better than the rubber

top pic / center mount in the rear wheel well = yup missin bottom half
bottom pic / that bracket is for a different setup and it holds the spring hanger = look on the other side of the frame the mount is there

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
Agreed, look under the radiator, Dodge moved the mount in there back in the 70's, but never changed the frame bracket for some reason. It fools a lot of folks.

The other one I would not worry over, the upper bushing will not fall out.

If you want a decent price, look at the 2101, and the other bushings near it on the list here. Then find a big washer, and you have what you need.

http://www.polybushings.com/pages/bushingsbysize.html

Also take a look at his transmission mounts, you can't beat his price, rubber ones will cost more, and do not have all the metal parts.

http://www.polybushings.com/pages/1604.html

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, I'll pull the other one and measure it up for reference.  Crazy that they left that big heavy bracket there to never be used.  Truck is an '81.

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
I think it may also have been used to hold the frame on the first few stages of the assembly line. They may have decided it was easier to keep making the frames with the bracket, instead of redesigning their assembly line jigs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Trying to follow along but missing something.

My front mount looks the same as the second image. Unfortunately, found out the truck was involved in more than a fender bender. The frame is pushed back (slightly) on the drivers side and shifted toward the drivers side about 3/4". Somewhere along the way someone put it back together and drilled a hole under radiator mount in the center and put single bolt to hold everything in place. I pulled out that bolt and can move the whole front clip 3/4-1" with a long screwdriver or prybar.

Going to try a come-along and tree to see if I can pull the frame back closer, using the mounting holes as a marker. Once aligned, does this front mounting point use bushings?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.