Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my 85 to Discount Tire for new tires, with new wheels purchased from Coker, this afternoon.
I was surprised when the kid didn't have trouble moving the old carbureted 4-speed into the shop.
But afterwards I got some entertainment watching him try to back it out.
I watched and chuckled while he wrestled with it, then after a group of others started going over I went out to offer assistance.  "I can't find reverse!" the kid said.  But he jumped out and said I could move it before I could show him where reverse is.

Well at least he wasn't messing with the t-case lever, which has the H-pattern transmission shift knob on it.

I bought Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's, looks like a decent tire for mid-priced.  Mounted them on plain black steelies I ordered from Coker Tire.  The original dog dish hub caps should fit, but I haven't got them out of the garage's attic yet. 

Some of the old rims were rusting severely with flakes of rust sticking to the peeling paint, and the tires were starting to crack too.  The guy at the counter was concerned that I wanted to keep the best one for a spare, since they're over 10 years old.  He said they were made in 2007, I didn't bother mentioning that I put them on in 2001.  Well if these are as good as the old BFG's, the spare will never hit the ground again.

·
Registered
52,879 Posts
{gloating}

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
hahaha that is kind of funny. i swear most shops usually you require you to know how to drive a standard to get a job with them. not like it is really that hard. at least yours is likely geared better than my dads ford was. it would do 35mph in reverse and that wasn't even redlining it. even my dad stalls it occasionally with the way reverse is geared.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a 62 “three on the tree” 2wd slant 6 long bed that I had tires put on.
I got to watch the same thing on the way in. 4 different mechanics hit the key and it would lurch forward.
The elderly guy got in started it and drove it in while the kids watched in awe, and the owner working the counter and I watched through the glass giggling when I told him to stay with me and see who wins.
Wish they’d come up with a budget car line that you can get like that.
No options but ac, radio and power locks. Hopefully with a 5 on the tree.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,241 Posts
I love carburetors 🤗

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.