Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the junk yard, bought another valve body, and when I set it beside mine, I noticed I had my shifter linkage on wrong, so when I put it in gear that little leg thing pushed the manual valve all the way in, and when I put it up towards park, the manual valve would stay in. So I loosened it up, set the leg thingie into the right grooves (I guess that's what to call it), and got it all bolted back up, and it worked!! So I guess I had done it right with the springs and all. Moving around the driveway I didn't notice any difference, but the seal isn't leaking so I'm a happy camper....

I did get mad at the kick-down linkage, so I un-hooked it from the carb and set it in the garage.......Anyone think I should keep this on? I don't mind manually downshifting, plus I plan on doing a carb swap soon.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
put it back on NOW / you will blow yer tranny up without it on there / not only is it the kick down linkage but also throttle pressure for the tranny

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Yea, kick down is wicked important like Dodgeboy said.

Congrats on getting the valve body back together!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Lokar makes a nice-easy to adjust kickdown cable for the 727. Not real expensive either. Check it out at summitracing.com

And yes get it back on there.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I did not know that. I guess I'll be friggin' with that tomorrow. Thanks!!........ A lot!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
AMC360 said:
I've got a 727 bolted to an AMC engine and I havent had a kick down linkage on it for like eight months and I've never had a problem with.
How does the tranny shift? Just curious.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
It will still shift ok until it burns up, but you won't be able to downshift by flooring it and your line pressures will be all messed up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dodge 85 RC said:
It will still shift ok until it burns up, but you won't be able to downshift by flooring it and your line pressures will be all messed up.
just like he said shifts just like a normal truck trans as for the downshift I've got a B&M on the floor so its easy to do. I always ment to put a cable on just never did and like I said its been over 8 or 9 months of daily driving never a single prob.

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
the lever position must be just right or else you would burn it up / 727,s dont work right without the kick down / l should know l rebiuld them every day / and l been a MOPAR nut since 1974 / yer just lucky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts