Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would stop by and post quick.  I have been stopping in and reading things every once in a while, but lately I haven't had a computer.  My computer crashed and I didn't have any idea on how to fix it so I called a buddy that is an electrical engineer and kind of a computer nerd.  He ran me through the steps to crash it and start all over and now its back up and running.  I had a problem with it being slow on the internet, but figured out it was the internet explorer.  I tried to update it but I couldn't get it to work right so I switched to FireFox and it is working great.  Now to buy a new battery for it and I should be all set.  Now for the other problem that I have had, my truck.  My 03 Cummins has been in the shop for 3 weeks now with tranny problems.  I have been calling them about everyday and asking what is going on.  Well today I called and they finally were out test driving it after it received a complete tranny rebuild and a new triple disc torque converter.  I have heard and read about having a triple disc but never driven a cummins with one in it.  The tranny shop and the shop that has my truck both said once that converter locks in it will feel like I shifted to another gear.  I am suppose to get the truck back today sometime so I will find out how it is and post how it does on here.

·
Registered
480 Posts
HMMM triple disk torque converter?? can anyone enlighten me on this hahah  ;)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
That trans will be sweet! What brand converter did you get? littleboybigtoy, The triple disk can handle more HP than a single disk. Sounds like you will be able to really pour on the fuel now!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't remember what brand it is off hand, but yeah they said I will have no problems hooking on and towing anything now.  I can feel a huge difference just driving it around with out pulling anything, when it hits 45mph it locks in and feels like a hard shift.  They told me that is what it would do.  I haven't had a chance to pull anything yet but can't wait to.  I guess I could always try it out this weekend at the local fair, they have a truck pull every year. LOL ok maybe I shouldn't go trying that just yet.  I did have my truck in that a few years ago, did pretty good considering the wore out street tires that I had on it at the time.  I out pulled my cousin's duramax, and another guy's chipped powerstroke.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I need one of those torque converters too. Did the factory slop go away too? 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.