Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m new hear. About to be picking up a rc next Friday. Wanted to see what people have done and routes that are best to bring this beast back to life... livening in ct. feel free to give advise. I have a direction to go with it but not sure where to start. It’s a 87 360 with the manual. So was thinking from the ground up, any advise would be helpful

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Welcome.  Where you go from here will depend completely on what you want to end up with in the end.  Do you want just a driver?  Hunting rig?  Off road mud or crawler?  Stock restoration?  Lightly modified or "resto-fied" cruiser?  There are a lot of ways you can go and lots of good mods and tricks that can help you get there, you just need to have a plan.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Elwenil said:
Welcome. Where you go from here will depend completely on what you want to end up with in the end. Do you want just a driver? Hunting rig? Off road mud or crawler? Stock restoration? Lightly modified or "resto-fied" cruiser? There are a lot of ways you can go and lots of good mods and tricks that can help you get there, you just need to have a plan.
Welcome aboard!
Plans are good... but you need some money too. ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well for me I’m thinking more of a stock style restore. Money isn’t exactly a problem. I have a pretty decent budget on doing it. I have done jeeps in the past and I know how much of a money pit these things can be. For right now I am more or less thinking of a small lift keeping the Dana 40s so I wouldn’t want above 36s. Lifting all depends what is needed to keep the stock driveline as much as possible. As far as body it’s going to go the stock 2 tone style with a crimson red and matt black. Interior trying to upgrade the seats.. does the backseat have a counter part that can fit with small mod. Like Jeep jokes. Ect. Motor I need to kick out all of the emitions. Do small power upgrades. Classy style light upgrades to get a little more power for.

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
First off, forget whatever you know about Jeeps as it will rarely apply to a Dodge truck.  Meaning, Jeeps of all shapes and sizes have very good aftermarket support with tons of accessories and replacement parts available.  With a Dodge truck, you are lucky to be able to get sheetmetal patch panels, interior trim is non-existant and some emissions, heat and A/C, cruise control and some electrical parts simply do not exist anymore.  Accessories for Dodge trucks of this ear are usually limited to universal fit items, lift kits, a few really expensive bumpers, a few odds and ends that are made for GM trucks that we can use and the cool stuff that Jungle makes and sells for our trucks.

Also, your axles are a Dana 44 CAD axle up front and a Chrysler Corporate 9 1/4" rear axle.  Most likely with 3.23 gears, though you might be lucky and have 3.55s.  If you are going to a little more pep, plus a lift with tall tires, I highly recommend dropping the stock gearing to match your new tires and give the engine a bit more mechanical advantage to move the truck's weight around.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Vin decoder  won't tell you anything you don't already know. Look for a metal tag somewhere under the cowel area passenger side?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.