Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
The particular ram in the how to is 2" bore with a 8" stroke. If you can find a a1.5" bore with an 8 stroke it will be more responsive in emegency situations.

·
5,141 Posts
I have been looking for a 1.5 ram for my roomates CJ. Where did you guys find one?

I am running a 2 inch by 8 inch ram on mine

·
5,141 Posts
How about a cheap 1.5 inch ram??

Paid 54 for my 2 inch, and would expect to pay less for an 1.5 inch ram

G

·
Trailduster79 said:
How about a cheap 1.5 inch ram??

Paid 54 for my 2 inch, and would expect to pay less for an 1.5 inch ram
I thought that the 1.5x 8 ram would be cheaper too. All I could find price wise was 100.00 and up. That was for a welded cylinder Imho that welded cylinder wasn't made as well as the 2" ram I am currently using.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm using a 1.75" ram from West Texas Offroad. I felt like it was a good compromise between speed and strength. But with a modded powersteering pump, I can easily turn 44's @ 6lbs at idle while sitting still.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I am using the same ram greg is using cause its the part number from northern he had in his how to. It works good and I have not had any problems with it.

G

·
PJTPW said:
I'm using a 1.75" ram from West Texas Offroad. I felt like it was a good compromise between speed and strength. But with a modded powersteering pump, I can easily turn 44's @ 6lbs at idle while sitting still.

Ryan
How is that ram speed wise? Since I do drive my vehicle on the street alot. (I know I need to fix the streetpart) In the snow I have found that if I get into a spin I can't counter steer as fast as I would like becase of interferance from the ram.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's been plenty fast for me. I've done sand dunes, windy washes, and drove it on the street and it seemed fine. I haven't really done any emergency manuvers, so I don't know what to tell you there. I do like to really haul offroad sometimes, and it steers plenty fast at speed.

Matt (from WTO) said the 1.75 is the biggest he recommends for any street time.

Ryan

G

·
PJTPW said:
It's been plenty fast for me. I've done sand dunes, windy washes, and drove it on the street and it seemed fine. I haven't really done any emergency manuvers, so I don't know what to tell you there. I do like to really haul offroad sometimes, and it steers plenty fast at speed.

Matt (from WTO) said the 1.75 is the biggest he recommends for any street time.

Ryan
That is good information I will probably switch rams before it snows.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
As far as the feel-to me it is easier to steer and turn the tires. It is a softer but firmer feel-IF that makes sense!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.