Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... my 2WD rig very seldom goes off the road; nevertheless, I am considering a small lift just to sit higher, be more safe (people here tend to drive like nuts: I've been driving in the U.S.A., there is a big difference, alas: much worse here), and, not least, to make the rig look nicer.

The question is, what is the biggest lift which does not considerably deteriorate the on-road behaviour and mileage (Europe gas prices more'n twice worse than the worst U.S. ones, too)?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... well, putting in 3/4 ton front springs sounds nice'n easy, but still I'll have to lift the rear a bit, too? Anyway, how much would the 3/4 ton springs lift the front? Originally I've considered something like 2-4" body lift, but this seems easier...

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Why not do both a 3 inch body lift and swap in the 3/4 ton springs up front? For the rear you can just do a shackle flip.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
But don't post about the shackle flip anywhere... search... or else.

(just messin')
derek

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
i dont think 3/4 springs will do much of anything. maybe give a stiffer ride. they are the same length.

the 1 ton springs are longer because they have a dished control arm. so using them in conjunction with your 1/2 ton control arm should net 2 or 3 inches of lift.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
A buddy of mine had custom srpings made for his 95 cummins to lift the front. The only problem is after you put in taller springs the rig wont align propperly and you burn tires, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would use a set of Cummins springs for the front.. as opposed to just 3/4T springs.. And since it's a 2wd.. doesn't the factory leave the blocks out of them.. couldn't he just add them? I don't know how much adjustment the 2WD front end has for compensation.. I know we had to lower a Dodge Aspen back down a little because we had it up too far to align, but that had T-Bars not coils. I know most other brands have several different offset alignment cams they can use in them, perhaps they're out there for the Dodges as well.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
the springs get to tall the camber goes to hell and its a slide bolt set up. unless your planning to modify the frame to give more camber adjustment with just springs it wont work well. .......... look for a custom spindle or..... you know like most of the lowriders except in a higher postion or a prerunner type but ive never seen one built out of a dodge. thats my 2 cents worth wyatt

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
spindle is mounted as high as it can go. only thing it can do is go lower.

well the stub is technically as low as it can go but that makes the truck as high as it can go.

the ends of the control arm could be cut re angled and re wleded to allow the ball joints to sit in a more natural angle

people, cummins big block all that stuff are only stiffer. are not physically longer.

94 up stock springs are like 1" longer so maybe find a set of 3" lift coils on ebay ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts