Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's anyone into Hunting or Fishing here i am a hunter and fisher i love doing both, how about you guy's ? anyone hunting/fishing trips ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Aw hell now fly fishing is my thing. I learned in college out in Montana. When I graduated I guided for a season up in Aniak, Alaska. I just got back from a month of fishing and whitewater rafting out in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. Two of my good friends guide for Eagles nest lodge on the Big Horn River and another buddy of mine works for Madison River Outfitters in West Yellowstone. I love trout fishing but am up for just about anything. I do some bird hunting, got a Tom during turkey season (my first). I've gone deer hunting, here in NJ and didn't really like it. In AK I did Moose and Caribou. Caribou are easy, Moose are difficult. I'm more of a fisherman than a hunter though. What's your query?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love it all small game, big game, never left NY as far as hunting goes, so the other stuff is something of a fantasy for me and my dad also, but i know me and my dad are eventually gonna get somewhere for some other hunting.
We have talked about wild boar and elk , but never done it, as far as fly fishing you don't want me there with you, ill catch you every tree and anything but a fish, my fishing is done in salt water out on a boat , the less moving the pole the better for everyone around me, but im good with open sea fishing, my grandfather had his own boat, and was a captain, and did charter fishing, so i was around alot of fishing, good thing i liked it

·
Registered
855 Posts
I love fishing. My buddy drufus took me bass fishing for the first time and showed what a professional angler really is. We caught nothing, froze our asses off in august, got soaked, and not only did we catch nothing, but we didn't even get a nibble in something like 4 hours on the lake. Go Drufus.

Give me a bobber and a worm and I'll show you a man who can fish

Isaac

·
Registered
218 Posts
Went up to Deleware lake up near Rt 80 two days ago and got into some big bass. I landed a 5 pounder and bunch of little bass terds. We also hit up some nice crappie, and then on the way home almost ran over a huge snapper. We jumped out of the truck and started poking him with sticks until he bit the stick so we could drag him off the road. Real cool until the truck broke down on 78 and then got made fun of by a chevy nut case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea Im a bigg time fisherman both fresh and salt water,my web site is www,njfishin.com havent been out for a couple weeks though waiting on parts for my outboard. ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey nice to hear from a new member, we try to get something going alot here but things seem to go wrong and never get to happen at the last minute around here

·
Registered
17 Posts
i used to hunt when i was a kid havent gone in a while though.same with fishing.and there is some good hunting spots out by me , not sure if there legal though ;D

G

·
its to damn difficult to get a gun liscence in NJ, and to damn complicated to get a hunting liscence......

i shoot cans in the backyard and flyfish up north all the time. at kenlockwood gorge

·
Registered
218 Posts
You just have to have some friends that will tell the police in a telephone interview that your not an alcoholic nor have you ever been diagnosed as "crazy" or threatened to kill anyone. Then you can have a gun permit. Hunting permits are easy. If you had a hunting permit in another state and you still have the paperwork. You don't need to take the course. If you don't than you have to take the course but its not hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like to hunt and fish and camp and hike....just about anything outdoors. I built my own duck boat last year and should have a 14 footer build by next season. I went pheasent hunting and quail hunting and goose and duck hunting last year. I want to find someplace inexpencive to hunt deer with my rifle. Can't use it in NJ.....

Anyone want to get together this year for some good hunting let me know.....we'll plan now...even if it's just a weekend trip..

A bad day hunting is still better than a good day of house work!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe come to NY

·
Registered
163 Posts
I could do that...Got a good hunting spot?? I CAN REALLY REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMETHING WITH MY 300 WIN. MAG RIFLE.. Let me know how much the licenses are for out of state....and stamps if needed....
And a date and we'll hook up...then maybe next year you can come down if I have my duck boat done and got out duck hunting with me..

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have 100 acres upstate, we also try and have meets there with the RCC chapters NY,NJ,CT

·
Registered
10,859 Posts
TRY being the key word! lol

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you say TRY lol man the word TRY has never been so exploited in all my life

·
Registered
163 Posts
lol...they love try and But..... and We...when they really mean U!....lol

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol yeah exactly

·
Registered
163 Posts
30 more days till early goose season starts
boom boom......quack quack..... quack kills...lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well looks like hunting is out for this season for me. Money problems...boat problems.....money problems...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts