Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have been ripped off! I just want everyone to be aware that there is a huge internet scam that I have just been taken on by selling my vehicle. I put my Ramcharger up for sale and I had a several replies bu this one individual(Ken Owen) sent me a cashiers check for over the amount of the vehicle. I cashed it and wired him the excess for shipping(he said he was in another country) well come to find ut the bank has just frozen all my money because the check was no good. Now I am in dire straits and have no money to feed my family so please be aware of these idiots out there if you plan on selling your vehicle. It is actually called the 419 scam and you can look it up on the internet.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
No offense, but that scam has been around for quite some time, warnings have been in the news, and floating all over the internet for years.. Sucks you got nailed by it, but if someone offered to give you a cashier's check for thousands of dollars over the amount of the sale and "trusted" you to send them the rest, that should have set off alarm bells and red flags. Did they get the truck? If not, consider yourself lucky.. Call the FBI and you MIGHT be able to recover some of your money.

Matt {peace}

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Yeah listen you need to check out the board here more often, we went thru this, what you should have done was take the check cash it give me the extra contact the scumbag and give him my address and tell him to come collect it from me, then i will remove his fingers and send them to you free no charge since you already covered the fee by giving me his extra

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
yeah, and I smell something fishy too......but will see where this goes before I say anything

·
Registered
4 Posts
AV8R_RAMCHARGER said:

I have been ripped off! I just want everyone to be aware that there is a huge internet scam that I have just been taken on by selling my vehicle. I put my Ramcharger up for sale and I had a several replies bu this one individual(Ken Owen) sent me a cashiers check for over the amount of the vehicle. I cashed it and wired him the excess for shipping(he said he was in another country) well come to find ut the bank has just frozen all my money because the check was no good. Now I am in dire straits and have no money to feed my family so please be aware of these idiots out there if you plan on selling your vehicle. It is actually called the 419 scam and you can look it up on the internet.
I am so sorry this happened to you. It almost happened to me. My bank put a hold on the cahsiers check for 14k until they could contact the bank it was allegedly drawn from. That bank informed my bank that is was counterfeit. I am surprised you got it cashed without the bank making sure it was good. Here is the email I got from the guy here on this site:
Hi.

Thanks for the timely response.I am at the moment supervising my new filling station in Canada,I would have my shippier handle the shipping on my behalf.A check in the amount of $14,485 will be sent to you and you'll deduct cost of your Car $6,500 and you'll send the excess ($7,985) to my shipper to enable prompt shipping of the Car.

My pick up agent will be the one to take care of all the necessary paper works.I will be expecting the name and address you'll want the check issued with and also your phone #.

Waiting to hear from you,

Mike.

So be careful next time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts