Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i took the tank into the shop this last week to have the axle ujoints changed and the pinion seal done. no problem thats fine but i read my bill when i got home and they noted that the hubs were bad. no call just the note. my ? now is how hard is it to convert to WARN hubs??? and do they even make them for the 3\4 ton dodges??? also what would i have to do to my Tcase inorder to do that???

·
Registered
30,111 Posts
what year we talking / fulltime / 203 case/ Warn makes hubs for just about everything

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah 77 full time 203

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
You'll have to do a knuckle-out swap..

Ed

·
Registered
147 Posts
What's bad about your existing hubs??

I've had a ton of fulltime Dodge trucks (all I use, actually) and have never had a fulltime hub go bad...what's wrong with them?

Even if they are bad, it would be cheaper and easier to replace the fulltime hubs than to swap to lockouts. Lockouts will fail more frequently than fulltime hubs. The fulltime hub isn't a moving part, per se, doesn't do much other than hold the wheel bearings, so I'm curious as to why your shop said that they were bad. May be a way to get more repairs out of you.

Check it out before you swap anything. Good luck!

JS

·
Registered
291 Posts
moparPW200guy said:
yeah 77 full time 203
I've got part time knuckles and brakes(new brakes), 5 lug large bolt pattern.

they're just sitting under the bench at the shop since i converted to 8 lug. thing is, i dunno if i have hubs.
If you want them, ill get rid of them cheap.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wish i knew what was wrong with the hubs. they just said that the bearings were loose and the hub was bad. so i am trying to see what my options are. i also found a set of factory full time hubs for ceaper than the dealer BUT they still expencive. as for the knuckles i have the 8 lug so i dont think those would work to well for me... thanx anyway!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts