Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting a 90 W150 from my grandpaw that I'm buying. It's a 360 EFI auto OD Club Cab LWB 1/2 ton 4wd truck. It's a really nice truck mechincally and body wise,paint is faded really bad but I don't care. I'm going to be using this truck for my daily driver/weekend wheeler for now until we get my other truck built,which only God knows when it will be done. I got one more year in high school so it this truck needs to survive and be able to be driving daily. Now some breakage I don't care about but as long as it's nothing really major. I'll be buying a set of 33x12.50x15s for it,probably either BFG M/Ts or knock-offs of them. This truck is definatley going to be given hell,playing in the mud a good bit,some water but not deep water. My big quesion is,how do you think the electrical stuff under the hood will hold up? I'm going to take the tube that runs to the breather off so water can't get up in that,but like the computer is in the drivers fender,if it gets wet will it die? Things like that is what I'm afraid of killing and I don't know much about electronics so help me out,any ways to keep it from getting wet other then staying out of the mud etc. Thanks a lot yall

Jimmy

G

·
You will need to keep the air ducting because the PCM needs to draw air for cooling. As far as it being exposed to water the pcm is inside that housing. the way my inner fender is cut out mine is exposed to a direct stream of water spray from the tire any time I drive it in the rain or snow. With 33's I think you will get stuckwell before you can injest any water in the housing if you have doubts just disconnect the tube from the aircleaner housing and reconnect it when your're done. The electronics seem to be pretty tough. I have had a couple of direct impacts to the left fender in that location without any issues. The rest of the electronics seem to be pretty weather tight and have been very reliable for me. I do carry a hall effect switch becasue that seems to be the only part of the system that will leave me stranded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts