Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I’ve been toying with the idea of picking one of those up but new aftermarket can be expensive and what’s on Facebook marketplace sucks right now.
Some people make fun of the "eyebrow", but I have one on my F350 with the integrated lights and I love it. Unfortunately, so do the bees during nesting season. lol
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
thanks, do you have to take out the windshield to do that? i have a welder and break, but no shrinker or dollying tools.
From examples I have seen in the past, it would behoove you to take the windshield out to see how deep the rust goes. The windshield gasket mounts to a pinch weld that could be rusted out as well.
The SW is probably the only place you'll find that has a junked truck/RC with good metal. I know DVAP in AZ has a bunch of dodge trucks you my be able get new metal from, but it's quite a jaunt from SC. Maybe they can cut a section and ship it. IDK.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
All 3 of my R/C and a shortbed I used to have are New Jersey trucks and have been outdoors and in snow/salt most of their life and have no evidence of rust. Not sure how or why some rust like that. I did have a pickup that had more rot than metal though. A while back I cut the front roof section off an R/C that I scrapped that had zero rust in that area. Go figure.
More than likely the owners kept them washed and waxed to protect them.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Bees like to make nests in mine too. I have a can of anti-wasp spray in the garage and I get em as I see em. They like the cowl where the washer nozzles are too.
Let's not forget the fender where it meets the door and one to watch for is the tailgate release handle. I try to knock the nest down and let them move on. It usually works. Wasps and hornets eat the bugs that eat your plants, so I try to keep them around during the spring and summer. Most of them die off over the winter, so when they start eating all the fruit on the ground that has now turned to wine, they get obnoxious. So they die by spray can.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yes, it is interesting. I have seen some super rusted out stuff, but never seen a rusted out roof, except for on the web. Wheel wells, fenders, rockers, body cross members, yes.
In the northwest they rust from the top down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts