Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
62,039 Posts
I would just look for a complete cab. I just found a cheap 90, that had the body panels beat up, and swapped the good metal over. Ended up with a 360 TBI to sweeten the deal.

Hate to think of how many cabs with good roofs I scrapped over the years. This was a good cab I could not even give away 15 years ago. I kept the dash, and the floor hump.

You do need to be concerned over your states VIN laws. Most do allow swapping to a new body for rebuild, or restoration purposes. Or just get the title for the new cab.

Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Asphalt

Reactions: neil4224

·
Administrator
62,039 Posts
that’s a good idea, do y’all think a first gens would work because there’s a lot more of those around here.
That front edge of the roof changed somewhere along the line.

You can see here it is more squared at the top then yours.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

·
Administrator
62,039 Posts
Yes, the 80's RC kept the rounded roof line of the 70's.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Administrator
62,039 Posts
All 3 of my R/C and a shortbed I used to have are New Jersey trucks and have been outdoors and in snow/salt most of their life and have no evidence of rust. Not sure how or why some rust like that. I did have a pickup that had more rot than metal though. A while back I cut the front roof section off an R/C that I scrapped that had zero rust in that area. Go figure.
Yes, it is interesting. I have seen some super rusted out stuff, but never seen a rusted out roof, except for on the web. Wheel wells, fenders, rockers, body cross members, yes.

·
Administrator
62,039 Posts
I knew it changed, just was not sure when. The back window also changed the mid 70's I think.

·
Administrator
62,039 Posts
In the northwest they rust from the top down.
I was thinking it might be more a northwest thing, but cannot remember where some of the others were from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts