Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Creating a new front section is a daunting task that most folks don't have the tools or skill to do. I can do many things, but that kind of bodywork is beyond my skill set. I think it's a talent (which CCB apparently has!), If it were me, I'd source a good front section (might have to get it from the south or southwest) and weld that in. With that, there's no hammer and dolly work, just the mostly straight weld to be ground and filled.

Reactions: jcm3

·
Registered
158 Posts
This may be completely BS, but I was told that there were different part numbers for Lund visors between 81-93 R/C and pickup. That would make the roof front slightly different. Anyone know if this is true?

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
158 Posts
All 3 of my R/C and a shortbed I used to have are New Jersey trucks and have been outdoors and in snow/salt most of their life and have no evidence of rust. Not sure how or why some rust like that. I did have a pickup that had more rot than metal though. A while back I cut the front roof section off an R/C that I scrapped that had zero rust in that area. Go figure.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I never noticed that difference in the roof even after having 2 pickups and many R/C's.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts