Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 Ramcharger and i wanted to know how to go about installing the intake on my 318. A Step by step would be alot of help thank you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
first u have to take off the carb then it pretty easy i guess. never really done it.
there is also a how to about changing it on a bigblock which should be the same pretty much!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's pretty straightforward but here are some tips:

1. Label your vacuum lines to where they go on the manifold.
2. Make sure you make a note about all your linkage; draw yourself a diagram, or if you have access to a camera, take some pictures.
3. Get a new valley pan.
4. If you use gasket sealer, don't go crazy with it. Use it sparingly and take care not to block any holes you should not be blocking off.
5. Eyeball all the bolts you pull off; chase the threads, you will thank yourself for doing that later; replace any bolts that can't be chased well.
6. Get the torque specs for your engine and stick with them when tightening the bolts.
7. Tighten from the middle out, equally on left and right side. This is important so you don't warp the intake and it will sit where it should much better.

I'm sure others can suggest more.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Ok remove valve covers, and a/c bracket if so equipped then remove the hoses the fuel line and all wiring then the bolts holding the intake to the heads then remove intake (carb is up to you if you want to remove it at this time) then you may have to get a prybar to pop the intake off, then cover the lifter valley area and intake ports on the head very good, clean head intake surface, clean out covered intake ports and then the lifter valley then reinstall new intake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts