Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Busted the whell nut stud yesterday and I see my brake rotor is seriously guged by the brake pad rivets. I have a 81 Rc with the locking front hus. What do I need to replace the rotor and I guess pop a new stud in there?

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Not much really just pull the caliper off then the rotor will come off and replace it ..... as for the stud i think u got thave those pressed in with apress i think .... i have beat them in but getting them in straight is tricky somewhat ....

·
Registered
30,059 Posts
well it all depends on WHAT you have for a truck / l cant tell because of the HUMUGUS bullshit you have listed on yer SIG / LMAO / if its a full time yer in for alot of work / if its part time it aint to bad / l know you said 81 but l dont know thats what you have installed in yer truck / its cool that members wanna put cool stuff in there SIG but it dont help the rest of us when they ask a question / l,m not try,in to center on you but just make a piont / SORRY

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
part time, locking hubs. As in get out in the mud to lock em...

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
If it's part time:

Take wheel off, remove locking hub and all components, remove caliper, take off spindle nut, lock ring, and inner spindle nut, pull hub/rotor assy off--the outer bearing will drop out of the hub, try to keep it from falling in the dirt--then hammer out studs--I used a big brass drift to hammer out all five studs-- When all five are out, the hub and rotor will separate.

·
Registered
65 Posts
BTW, be sure to put a nut on the studs before you start pounding them out. Saves the studs. Big "Hand Sledge Hammer" works best. Also. not sure of the ' 81 model, but the later models required a special hub nut socket to remove those nuts inside the hub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts