Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..........stock 1991 360 TBI engine produce?? Torque? Looking to perhaps scrap the TBI set-up and put in a 408 stroker engine. Just wanted a baseline comparison of what the stocker produces. Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Do what I did, overcompensate with gearing.  I may not be able to sin a drag race but I doubt the other vehicle can drag a house down the 1/4 mile like I can, lol.  ;D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elwenil said:
Do what I did, overcompensate with gearing. I may not be able to sin a drag race but I doubt the other vehicle can drag a house down the 1/4 mile like I can, lol. ;D
Well, I've got 3:55's in the rear with a 904 trans and it's really not too bad. I just need more!! Don't we all, though??

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Elwenil said:
Do what I did, overcompensate with gearing. I may not be able to sin a drag race but I doubt the other vehicle can drag a house down the 1/4 mile like I can, lol. ;D
SIN???? I thought you didn't believe in Christianity? ;D But I agree, 360's are MADE for pullin!!!! Too bad the GVWR is so stinkin small from the factory. If I had a fully boxed frame, and a 60 under the front, my rig would almost be invincible. I know I have pulled waaaaay more than the owners manual reccommended. {dont} :eek:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Blueprint specifications
you have to look at the 91 engine specs for the TBI. 90 only has specs for the carburated engines.

190 horse
330 ft/lb torque
8.8 compression
395/395 lift cam

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
dodgerammit said:
SIN???? I thought you didn't believe in Christianity?
Ahh, that was supposed to be "win". Fat mechanic fingers, lol. ;D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hey, I wrench too, but i still have skinny fingers and wrists  ??? What gives?  Oh well, I have cut and defined forearms!  ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
you gotta bash your hands some more and you too can have fat stubby mechanics hands. oh and i would go ahead and just get a 440 for that truck lol i'm just sayin. 

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Lots of scars on my hands already from wrenching. still skinny  :-\

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Oh yeah! I'm blessed! I get to do stuff for my family!  ::) Because I am so-ooo-oh much cheaper than a mechanic.... Will work fo food!  ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
hell yeah will work for just about anything, lol. i'm a newbie to being a mechanic i just finished my cert and i'm gonna need practice.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
like I tell people that need electrical on their house, or their car fixed.  I'll do the work for a steak and a beer. {cool}

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
How much will it cost? Ummmm, Whachya cooking?  ;D

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
dodgerammit said:
How much will it cost? Ummmm, Whachya cooking? ;D
That's what I say while I'm twiddling my thumbs and licking my chops as I look over their shoulder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts