1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.i used engine lube
gonna grind some allthread to fit the oil pump
should i prime the motor on the stand ?
or just 1 time right before start up? :)

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
i would prime it once in the truck . actually u cna do it before u stick it in and make usreu got no leaks then prime it again beofre u fire it up .

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i primed my motor on the stand with no problems. Doing it while its in the truck could be a pain in the ass..

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
i do it on the stand to make sure i get oil to the rockers. You can do it in the truck but that means leaving out the shaft for the distributor and then trying to line it up in the truck and that can be a pain.

·
Registered
10,220 Posts
we rebuilkt a buddies chevie small block and didnt even prime it..just hooked the oil guage up and made sure there was good pressure..as long as you use assembly lube you should be ok

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
oh one other thing make sure set the fast idle to around 1,500 rpm's and let the cam break in run it for 15 mins like that de tune fast idle and make sure u got the timig right before u do this .

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
In the stand or in the truck does not matter but do prime it, that will allow you to do a visual on your rocker arms for good oil flow before you button it all up and do a break in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.