Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 Ramcharger 4x4 with a 360ci under the hood. I wanna leave behind the stock suspension and upgrade to either a 6 or 8 inch lift. I have no body lift and my goal is to be able to put 35-37 inch tires but enough clearence not to hit or rub(and maybe down the road go a lil bit bigger on tires). I have also thought about doing a 6 inch lift with a 2 inch body lift. I'm not sure which is better. Lastly how much backspace do I need on my rims once I plant 35-37 inch tires on my truck?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not sure about the back space but my 87 RC has a 4 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift and 36 clears with no problems. The lift is from skyjacker. I plan on putting some 38's on when its finished and I think I will still clear those with no problems. With no body lift use a 6 inch. Or a combination of suspension and body.

Welcome to the site-this is a great group of people.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I also run a 4" suspension lift, 3"body lift combo, It clears 35s easily, with room to go bigger. Dont be scared of a body lift, they are cheap, and make underside cleanup way easier.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm running 4"susp lift with 35s clears ok until flexing and turning at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.