Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about 2 months now I have been getting spammed every time I go on line in the internet. I have Time Warner Cable so I am logged on all the time but only get on the internet to check out RCC.com. While I browse I get blitzed by those damn pop up commercials for everthing from cheap tickets to making a million at home. If I were getting free internet access I would deal with it but I pay $45.00/month and have to close out 15 advertisement boxes during an hour on line sometime. Anyone know how to keep this from happening? I tried to call Time Warner and guess what? My call was so important to them that I had to wait on terminal hold for over 10 min so I gave up. If it werent for rcc.com, I would abort the home computer cable modem and eliminate the comercial spamming all together.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
You can download pop-up killers that stop that from happening. Got to www.tucows.com or someplace like that and look for the internet utilities.

Isn't it great to pay for the privilege of recieving those solicitations?

·
Registered
28,049 Posts
HOWDY / its called pop-up killer.com and here is the link for the FREE down load http://software.xfx.net/utilities/popupkiller/ it works pretty good unless you get on a site that really spams ya hard / the link is clickable / later and MOPAR TO YA ///////// DEANO

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I just downloaded it and cant wait to see nothing popping up. Last night I had one ad pop up every 45 seconds. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey so far so good. No spamming since I downloaded the program. That program rocks. Once in a while my computer beeps tho, I am guessing that is the indication that I am taking spam hits. I really like that sound if it means no spamming. One question. Where do the ads go? They dont get stored on my hard drive do they?

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I don't know the specific program, but if it comes through your browser, say pop ups, that appear when you surf the net, then i should not be saved on your hard drive.

I won't get into technical details here....only if you really want to know how this stuff usually works....

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
One more thing to keep in mind:

My mom was complaining about that one time, said it even happened when she was browsing my own personal web site. I had her check her "Installed Programs" list, and sure enough, there was a little goober that had been installed along with an update her ISP had sent her. I don't remember the programs name, something like "TellMeNow" or "ShowMe" or something. Anyway, after uninstalling that, most of the crap went away. Most commercial sites do the pop-ups from their web page automatically, but there are crap programs out there that will spawn pop-up adds every time you click something in your browser. Just FYI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts