Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are you in need of alot or a little.it sucks either way if you dont have the knowledge,time or cash

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
{think}

·
Registered
857 Posts
IF your asking how close our trucks are to driving I will say mine is pretty much there although it needs the exhaust put back on according to the police. The ramcharger will probably never be street drivable because the PO let allot of stuff go on it but for mudding and trialing its good to go. If you arent asking that then disregard this message.  ;D

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Close enough for when I'll need it. Runs/drives, but truly turn-key drive several hundred miles and go to sleep happy is a while away.

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
dhokey17 said:
IF your asking how close our trucks are to driving
If that's the question then I need to know what truck. ;D

The 78 crew cab is $400 away.

The 77RC 400 is rust fix, paint, and reassemble away.

The 80TD needs a frame, rust fix, paint, exhaust and reassemble away.

The 89 my stepson is working on is, engine/trans, paint, and reassemble away.

The 71 Duster is so far away from drivable well it's two cars and a pile of parts that need sand blasted, patch panels, paint, decals, the 340 freshened up, shifter parts, driveshaft, 8 3/4 axle put in after I find a sure grip for the center section, I need a stock rear spoiler for it yet and exhaust. :-\

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Got the parts, just need some time. About a good day of work is all I need, just have to finish the Honey-do list! ;D

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
My Daily Driver (Dakota) is on the lift. for some Basic Maintence.  Which turned into some headaches.  I'd like to meet the guy who designed the dakota so i can kick him in the Nads for all his brilliant ideas.  Lets make it so you have to loosen the motor mount and jack up the engine to remove the oil filter, lets make it so you have to remove the exhaust to do a transmission filter change.  :-\

My Duster is parked outside, out of gas  :p

Everything else is a long way off from being capable of driving on the road.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
This is why I do love my Jeep. I can go out there, tun the key and it'll fire right up. The oil pressure jumps to 40 and stays. ;D I wouldn't care to drive it cross country.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
ChrisKD said:
My Daily Driver (Dakota) is on the lift. for some Basic Maintence. Which turned into some headaches. I'd like to meet the guy who designed the dakota so i can kick him in the Nads for all his brilliant ideas. Lets make it so you have to loosen the motor mount and jack up the engine to remove the oil filter, lets make it so you have to remove the exhaust to do a transmission filter change. :-\
Chris, I'm not sure who's hacked up dakota you got, but neither of your two issues come from the factory.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
As for mine, floorpans need to be replaced, thermal/acoustic barrier, A/C equipment installed/charged, megasquirt, car-puter, and I'll be happy :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my 77 td pisses me off, have alot to do ,after that the smog police.if my wife doesnt kill me over these trucks ill die of a heart attack.if i make it to the gates of heaven and get asked "did you ever own a import" I CAN STAND TALL AND SAY NO. have you ever touched yourself? umm

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Hybrid 1ton said:
Chris, I'm not sure who's hacked up dakota you got, but neither of your two issues come from the factory.
Still has the stock exhaust on it, pat :-\ Damn Y-Pipe is too close to the Pan, i got around that by disconnecting the exhaust at the manifolds, and prying on the exhaust against the frame.. Got enough space to worm the pan down out (and pop my shoulder out at the same time :-\ )

The Oil Filter may have just been an odd size but it wouldnt come out through the top (between the frame & manifold) nor down through from the bottom. I ended up loosening the motor mount a little bit and prying up on the engine to get the filter out. Come to think of it, the filter i installed went in without lifting up on the engine, but the fram i removed required me to lift up.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Mine is mechanicly a-ok. If i could afford the gas, i would drive it anywhere.  No plans to fix the rust.

·
29,537 Posts
Hybrid 1ton said:
My Dakota required me to move the crossover pipe to drop the trans pan, but the oil filter was never an issue.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Not close enough.... {bawl}

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
min9e runs sort of lol ...i drove it about 220 miles to drill this weekend and back doin 70mph most of the way  ;D didnt use much gas a lil over a 1/4 of a tank give or take maybe a lil more fuel ...so i cant complain ...need to get it really tuned up though ...me broke so its gonna be like it is till later this fall when i get some cash flow and can park it again ...needs brake work first though ...and so on ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts