Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a water leak - it seems like water runs through the window and collects on top of the rockers. Instead of going out the door, it then comes into the cab.

I've replaced window sweeps and door seals.  The door drains properly.  The rockers look like they've been replaced at some point and I'm not sure if they covered drainage holes. Should I drill holes?  Through the top and bottom? Also it seems like the replacement rockers are angled toward the cab rather than out like I am guessing they should be.  Anyone else run into or solve this?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
The rockers themselves don't really drain since they are supposed to be sealed.  There are drains from where the cab was dipped before painting but they are plugged.  They can be found on the inside of the rocker on the flat inner panel under the floor.  As for water getting in the cab, I wouldn't think it would come from the rocker area.  The rocker is roughly the same height as the floor, but has a pinch weld that is around a 1/2" high between the two that the door seal mounts to.  So water would somehow have to get over that "dam" to get in the cab.  More likely is that the door itself is leaking water at some place.  One common place is in area right above the upper door hinge where the door gasket tends to twist and may not seal correctly.  Other than that, water from the door should go in side the door and drain out the bottom.  One other place to check would be the cowl drains.  If they get plugged up, water will back up in the cowl vents and flow over into the kick panel area and into the floor.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, super helpful post. I think I'll go look again at the area above the hinges, I haven't thought about that area.

I do know that it's not the cowl area since I have already had my battles with the cowl weld seams...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.