Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a Challenger I got the wise Idea to put a Ralley hood on my truck. I got to looking a found out that they make one for the 94+ models. Seeing as to how I have a 93 it does me no good.

I was thinking of taking the old wrecked ralley hood I have and finding another Ram hood and trying to get somone to marriage them.

Has anyone here tried this or seeing one done this way?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
there are a couple of guys that have teh rally hood on their trucks. i cant remember off hand but if ya go through the pics i know there is one or two that have em....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to have one, but it has to fit the older 93 back style. I have yet to see one for those... but would love to see them

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, missed those in my search... shame they don't make'em in steel

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm going for full lift-off. Easier to work on my truck that way.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one or both of the above links come w/ new hinges...but suggest other means to secure (hood pins)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
check out the www in my signature. i got mine from aar and i have hood pins holding it down. the quality was excellent. just make sure you order in advance because it take them awhile to get them out.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks sweet. I doubt I could have the metal work done for the cost of the fiberglass. I just love the sound of metal...close that hood...slam the door. close the tail gate... Dang ... I may have to go to Home Depot and buy a power tool..lol

Did you use the factory vents? opened or closed? Have you considered the hood blackout (as used on the real hoods)?

Which company did you purchase from?

jimbo said:
check out the www in my signature. i got mine from aar and i have hood pins holding it down. the quality was excellent. just make sure you order in advance because it take them awhile to get them out.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i ordered mine from aar quality fiberglass. i have the scoops cut open, and i thought about painting it black but decided to go all red to keep a simple look.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
if you do use hood pins, I'd recommend using at least 8, 3 on each side, and one in the middle front & rear. You;d hate to have air get under it and blow/rip it off going down the highway.

I've seen it happen with only 4, 1 @ each corner.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
the hood from aar is made to use stock hinges and latch, i just used a couple of hood pins as a precaution because i cut the scoops open.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this hood is cheaper than a repro challenger hood. but then again, its steel...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts