Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got at one email response for my quest on a wiring harness. Looking for an engine bay harness from firewall out through engine compartment. No luck as of yet, Dodge discontinued it. Anyway, I have been thinking about doing my own harness using the wiring diagram in the FSM. I can get the wire in most of the guages but the connectors are another story. Where can these be found? I would like to have like factory connectors such as the starter relay voltage regulator. The odd ones are more of a PITA. I can use male and female connnectors for some but the others.
Thanks BB

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
You may want to check out Painless wiring. They seem to be able to create entire harnesses complete with factory connectors.

Ed

·
7,995 Posts
BB...the plastic connectors can be reused for the most part....the actual crimpon terminals I'll take a look to see which ones they use and get back to you. I would recommend using different wire than the wire you get at NAPA as there insulation is real thick and this can cause routing and crimping problems. Best to use TXL type wire.
Poke around at these 2 sites for some good info.
www.kayjayco.com
www.terminalsupplyco.com

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chump. I called painless and they dont make custom harnesses. They told me to contact Yearone because they deal with Mopar. I emailed them but have not heard from them yet.

·
7,995 Posts
bluebeast said:
Thanks Chump. I called painless and they dont make custom harnesses. They told me to contact Yearone because they deal with Mopar. I emailed them but have not heard from them yet.
You will probably find out from Year One that they deal with a harness company at www.wiringharness.com which does not reproduce or repair harnesses for Dodge Trucks but does make perfect repros for Mopar Muscle Cars.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So as far as the Ramcharger goes, we are shit outa luck? I have to make it last for the next two months or so and then go to the sand box to play for awhile and then work on it later. Thanks BB

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Go here, http://www.buildacar.com/ That is the ron francis web site. Theay will make you a Factory harness for yoour RC. Theay are about 200 more than a generic painless. But you will get a custom job. This is who Mkopar4x went through when he did his rebuild.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I used a painless wiring kit in mine, and fabbed all the rest with crimp on connectors and new wire. Painless makes a good kit, but it took a while to install and hook everything up the way I wanted it. I'm gonna go back through it all when I get back from the "sand box" and clean it up a little bit, also may run the wires for the new electric fan. I'm an experienced electronics technician, and I would be happy to help anyone wire up their trucks if needed. I am also planning on being at RamJam in 2005, so you can catch me there.

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.