Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it's not really a half cab, there is no back wall, and I have no plans to build one. I still need to "cap" the open of the roof.

I love it. Turned out much nicer than I thought it would.

To do this, I just used a couple 7" cutting discs in my skil saw.

;D ;D ;D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll bet it weighs less than 50lbs now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
SWEET!!

G

·
I like that look, TV. Hard to tell from that angle, but it appears the roof ends right at the roll bar? Are you planning a canvas cover?

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PrimerGrey said:
I like that look, TV. Hard to tell from that angle, but it appears the roof ends right at the roll bar? Are you planning a canvas cover?
I lined up the cut with the front edge of the side windows. That puts the roll bar a few inches behind the new rear edge of the roof. I don't plan on making a canvas cover for the rear.

This is basically just my rock crawling rig. I haven't even driven it more than a couple blocks since I wheeled it last September. I love to run this thing topless. But that meant getting burnt in the sun, wet in the rain, and a 300+ lb top I had to store somewhere. So I thought this was a good soultion. It's still close to wheeling topless, especially with the doors off. But I get protection from the weather, and I don't have to carry the full weight of the hard top everywhere. And I don't have to store the top. Also, when I get my roll cage in, the top will help stop rock intrusion through the roof if that should ever happen.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Well, if anyone wants one, I have one that is already cut like this.....come and get it !!!!

(oh yeah, it is buried under a lot of parts...but still in good shape).

·
3,752 Posts
Good solution, looks good to boot. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
ya I like the look it's almost as if you took the back of the cab out of a truck and bonded it ti the bed(minus the front) You plan on putting in any type of roll cage doors? You know to help keep the legs in and rocks out..

scott

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh yeah, tube doors are in the plans for this summer. 8)

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I finished the roll last night, and I 1-hour photo'ed it after work today. ;)

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
Looke great! Only thing I would say is to do a bikini top back to the roll bar, will help a lot with the sun and push any rain back away from you.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Looks good! Reminds me of my buddys truck we did years ago. We cut the cab behind the seats, cut the box, put a set of buckets in front and moved the bench to the rear also added a roll bar. He had a topper on the box as well(roll bar fit inside) so it was removable, very good setup. We also made it so the box cut out could be droped back in for hauling. It was a Dodge Power Wagon, way cooler and before the crapy ceby advil-lunch came out. Good on ya! It looks great.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
now if im not mistaken, this can be done on ones without the removable top, but it is more difficult b/c the roof provides structural integrity to the whole vehicle. but if u have the time, patience, and knowledge, go for it.

Duane

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.