Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been off work for week and half-ish. Bored out my skull and had the itch to fab. I didn't have the coin to drop on materials for Ronnie's bumpers, so I opted for something different. I needed a table for my living room as the last one suffered an unfortunate drinking accident. I got most of the materials for free and a had a very rough idea of how to build it. I started with a frame and just designed everything else on the fly. Took about 20 hours to make. My dad put the bug in my ear that I should make another one and sell it but I have no idea how to value it.

Wood is just cheap pine.

What have you guys made, looking for some insperation for my next project.

· Registered
1,837 Posts
That looks awesome! You could prob make a few bucks selling them. You would not want to have another drinking accident with that table I'm sure. Definetly would cause some damage. To you and not the table.  :)

· Premium Member
1,829 Posts
That is great.  Check out crowsnesttrading.com and see what they ask for furniture.  Would think many would pay well over $1000.  but must reach those people to sell and make money.

Get on ball, make matching/or not, end tables and tv stand, bring them with you on next trip to Montana, and I'd give you 5 grand for 'em!

· Super Moderator
31,049 Posts
I'd put my drink on it.  ;D  Seriously though, that's pretty nice and I bet you could sell it for a decent profit.  You should consider a set, with end tables and so on.

· Registered
48,752 Posts
Awesome, but as said those points are going to cause drunken troubles..........  :p

· Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MT_84Ram said:
That is great. Check out crowsnesttrading.com and see what they ask for furniture. Would think many would pay well over $1000. but must reach those people to sell and make money.

Get on ball, make matching/or not, end tables and tv stand, bring them with you on next trip to Montana, and I'd give you 5 grand for 'em!
Holy chit, is there actually that kind of money to be made in this stuff?! I wouldn't even think of asking half of 5 grand for a set of tables. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad of a side income as long as I avoid the tax man. Next ones I make I'll be using my bender.

· Registered
7,881 Posts
Boons said:
Holy chit, is there actually that kind of money to be made in this stuff?! I wouldn't even think of asking half of 5 grand for a set of tables. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad of a side income as long as I avoid the tax man. Next ones I make I'll be using my bender.
Money in Furniture? You're damn right there is. Especially the Rustic & Vintage appearing furniture.

· Registered
1,256 Posts
VERY nice stuff man!!

and as far as money in furniture - even the cheap stuff has been keystoned (doubled) and the higher stuff often has a 150% or more markup on it.

i guarantee people would pay good cash for those.  i did some work for a guy who sold rustic furniture and i am 100% certain if he would have had 10 of those in his showroom they would have all sold in a week. 

· Registered
2,470 Posts
gmule said:
If it was a little taller you could use it as an alter and sacrifice a virgin or two.

Nice work {cool}
'course after ravishing them........ hay wait....... then they wouldn't be virgins....... let me rethink this, I'll get back to ya.......

· Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My brother is going to buy it off me along with some end tables.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.