Dodge RamCharger Central banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Home made roller for bending flat bar , etc . I liked this guy's design , why didn't anybody think of this before . Kiss design again . Notice the small bar for turning the top wheel and moving the flat bar through . Crank it down a little at a time and keep rolling it back and forth , you can make a perfect circle quite easy .

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No picture of the tool this time , but picture this  ??? . I cut an eyebolt off and welded the eye to the end of the bolt on one of my vise grips . I could clamp it on to anything and tie a rope onto the eye for better pulling , works great and you will use it more than you think . Wish I could find mine , guess somebody came into the shop and wanted it more than me . Time to make a new one

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ever try to hand a door on your car/truck by yourself without scratching it . With this and your floor jack ( you do have a floor jack ? ) it makes life a lot simpler . It can be modified for bumpers , etc

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Forgot , the circle cutting torch guide . If you want to bevel the cut , drill and tap it for a carriage bolt . I'd use a lock nut to keep it from moving also .

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
I was going to pretend that I know what a shrinker -stretcher is, but I got nothin' ::)

All those are really ingenious, I'll have to dig thru my old tools and see what else I got.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Those are pretty neat! better than the vise grips and duckbills I used.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Here's some welding stands I made a few years back. They get pulled out of storage when ever I have a new project.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice job , like the adjustable part  ;D

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Time to breakout the welder; want the reverse vicegrip/spreader, adjustible diff. stand but with a spin. I think EY8 built one on wheels with ubolts to hold it secure, and the tranny cradle sure beats my brothers heavy old tranny jack

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Nice job , and adjustable too .  {cool}  Sure beats when I was younger , I use to lie on my back , haul the tranny up on my chest and put it up in place with my arms . I'm not young anymore , I think I'll make on of those for myself

Anybody else got some goodies to show us  {popcorn} {think} {popcorn}

·
Registered
7 Posts
I built the trans cradle for replacing my trans and transfer case together.  Those chains made it nice for lifting all that weight.  I put it on saw horses did the work I wanted and lowered it with the hoist.

·
Registered
92 Posts
weldin cart with offroad tires!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
jungle did a hoe made case spreader for his dana axles that was sweet,

and a fella from so cal here made a lift unit to use with his engine hoist to remove his pop top.

·
Premium Member
13,530 Posts
most Cummins owners know how big a pain it is getting to the oil pressure sending unit. here's my solution -

1-1/16 socket, cut the barrel off, weld it to a 'handle' - works awesome {cool}

this is what I made to get to the three nuts that hold the injection pump to the gear housing -

- Sam

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Don't have a picture at the moment but I welded up a socket out of sheet metal to fit the big axle nut on a front axle

·
Registered
88 Posts
I made a fluid evacuator and pump from a peanut butter jar, a spray bottle "straw", some misc fittings from my vacuum bleeder, and an adjustable air pressure regulator.  Works great for pumping fluid into trans, diffs, etc when you can't get a funnel or bottle in there.  I use the regulator to pressurize the jar for pumping, and the vacuum pump for evacuating.  I use it more for the pumping function.  I know they sell bulb style hand pumps for that but gear oil or several quarts will quickly tire out a forearm.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts