Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically just a few questions,

The is a pair of vaccum actuated switches on the passengers inner fender one on top of the other just under the hood hinges........what the heck are they?

Probably stupid question #2 but why on earth are their two charcoal canisters on my ramcharger.......or at least they look like 2 of the exact same things with intermixxing lines just lead to the same output back to the carb........does that make sense to anyone, doesnt make sense to me.

Stupid question #3 is it just my imagination or does that little vaccum thing on the right hand side (as your sitting in the vehicle)valve cover (the big hockey puck looking thing) serve no purpose ?

Stupid question #4
I have a wire that is in a loom with the wires that go up to the AC compressor, and its just sitting there nothing to plug into nothing, any idea what that thing is suppoed to goto, (i know thats a shoot in the dark) but I dont recall the color, will post more info if necessary. looks like its to a sensor in the stock air filter housing (which I no longer have) but I didnt install it.
other than that I cant tell what its supposed to goto, all the rest of everything I see is hooked up to something and I see no open terminals on the manifold or carb and from the oil build up on this wire its been a while since its been plugged to anything ???

Any input would be appreciated, and if anyone has a "schematic" the the engine compartment that would be a great assistance, all the rest of this vaccum crap is getting junked.

Oh yea by the way, I am taking off a stock four barrel manifold and carb, exhaust manifolds and the hockey puck thing, and the charcoal canisters, if anyone is interested let me or I'll probably list them on ebay or in the forum.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
#1.. think that has something to do with the EGR system....
#2.. No clue.. my 85 only has 1
#3 I think it is supposed to be a "vaccume amplifier"
#4 No idea
If you were closer. i would trade ya a good 2 barel intake for the 4 barel intake. :)

·
7,995 Posts
#1...EGR vacuum solenoid and air switching solenoid...factory emissions stuff.
#2...That was mother Mopar's canister setup for the 360 engine..it's factory emissions stuff.
#3..Probably the vacuum amplifier...factory emissions stuff.
#4...What color wire is it? Does it have a special connector on it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
# 3 -- Check this link. Does it look like this?

Mr. Gasket PCV Breather; PCV Push-On Style; w/Logo; Chrome Plated; Fits .75 in. Diameter PCV Valve Opening;
<<the link isn't working - you'll have to cut & paste>>

This is what is on my passenger side valve cover. It's kinda "hockey puck" shaped.

Gonzo

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
86 Ram Charger DC said:
Basically just a few questions,

The is a pair of vaccum actuated switches on the passengers inner fender one on top of the other just under the hood hinges........what the heck are they?
as mentioned already, EGR stuff. I only got one on my 85, it's also got an electrical connection. Think it's hooked into a timer module on the other fender. I believe the electric timer tells this one on the pass fender when to let vaccum through to open the power heat valve just below the pass side exhaust manifold.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
#2 - Probably a California Emissions Vehicle (they have two canisters instead of one)

-SM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts