Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given a carb with this list number stamped on it. I don't know much about carburators so could someone tell me something about it?

I know its a 750, dual feed, electric choke, vacuum secondary but thats about it.

Is this a good carb?

I have a edelbrock 600, mech. secondary, manual choke on my 350 now, would this be to much carb for this engine? (just some bolt ons, otherwise stock)

Thank you

-Joe

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Depends how stock your 350 is. If you have bigger cam and headers and decent gears thenthe 750 will make it run better and not loose too much torque. If it is completely stock then I would just stick with the 600.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
with 2.42 gears i would stick with the 600. yea, I know they made 2.42 range gears. Many Chrysler cars in the 70's had 2.45. I have a few Miradas that have 2.26 gears.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The 3310 is a good carburetor, but it may be a bit much for your 350. I mean, it will work OK, but will not give you as much throttle response and gas mileage as a 600 will.
If you like the electric choke, why not just get one for your Edelbrock?

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can definitely add an electric choke to the Edelbrock and it is your best choice between the carbs. On a side note, your Holley is probably 780 CFM. Most of the 3310-1 list number carbs are. The way to tell is to look at the metering blocks and boosters. Metering blocks front and rear, along with downleg boosters, would indicate a 780 CFM carburetor.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes, you can buy an electric choke kit for your Edelbrock for about $50.
As far as I can remember, the Edelbrock secondaries are essentially vacuum actuated. The throttle plates are mechanically actuated, but the secondary air door is vacuum actuated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your right Okie, its a 780. I just looked at it on my Holley chart.

The nice think about vacuum secondary is that it will work even if its oversized for the engine because the secondary will not open unless there is enough vacuum coming into the carb. If your engine can't pull enough air in, then it won't open. I would probably give it a try if it is a good working carb (hasn't been sitting up too long has it?)

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
the 3310, or 750/780, WIll work fine on yoru engine, but unless you are very experienced at tuning it, you woul dbe better off adding the electric choke to the eddy.

I ran a 780 on a totally stock 318, and it worked better than the 600 cfm holley or the 625 carter I also tried. BUT, I had to tune it to the engine. Even got better mpg than the other two.

·
Registered
810 Posts
A switched 12VDC+ supply. Some people use the windshied wiper motor lead, some run a wire from the fuse box, but DO NOT use the coil positive lead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts