Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have others swapped out their Holley 2210 for a 2300 and if so what was in involved?

Tired of messing with and rebuilding the 2210 on my 73 Power Wagon 400 ci. Putting on a new, good running carb sounds good to me now.

I know I’ll need a different air cleaner. What else is involved regarding throttle and kick down or fuel routing?

If others have done this how has it worked out for you?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,330 Posts
It's not a stupid question at all. However, I, for example, am unfamiliar with the carbs. I know the 2300 is fairly popular but I know little about them. Is either one a feedback carb? What is the reason for switching? We might help with more generic questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve rebuilt it twice and believe I’ve gotten the adjustments close. Fires right up when cold but can’t keep it running as choke opens up even when I goose the throttle. I’ve also have read that 2210s are a bit of a bear to get set up well.

·
Super Moderator
14,330 Posts
northcoastmopar said:
Fires right up when cold but can't keep it running as choke opens up even when I goose the throttle.
This suggests a vacuum leak somewhere.

Fuel connections are easy enough to change. The kick down and linkage are something else. Lokar makes nice stuff for linkage connections.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh... connecting the PCV valve hose to the carb makes a world of difference. I’m a dummy, thanks

Bought a year ago on eBay and just finally getting to the beast.

Now I need to figure out why the reverse lights stay on, even with the ignition off. I’m guessing something with trans linkage.

Also big-time electrical gremlins, wiper motor wants to go one when you turn on the headlights...I’ll create another post for that issue.

·
Super Moderator
14,330 Posts
northcoastmopar said:
Ugh... connecting the PCV valve hose to the carb makes a world of difference. I'm a dummy, thanks

Bought a year ago on eBay and just finally getting to the beast.

Now I need to figure out why the reverse lights stay on, even with the ignition off. I'm guessing something with trans linkage.

Also big-time electrical gremlins, wiper motor wants to go one when you turn on the headlights...I'll create another post for that issue.
Yeah, the reverse circuit is usually hot (would need to confirm on the '73), so if the lights are on, the reverse switch is engaged one way or another.

·
Registered
52,875 Posts
just go Eddy!  ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.