Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Been looking online and think I found what I need to get my Power Ram emissions legal.

Will need a dual CTO, (with five ports, two on the top for EGR and three on the bottom for air pump.
Also TVS that will fit my air cleaner which is off of an 89 Ram Charger.
And HDC CTO for distributor.

I now that an 86 Grand Wagoneer with 360 has this stuff from this on line source "http://www.customefis.com/emissions.html" which is great reading!

But will it (86 Jeep valves) fit an Edelbrock small block intake? Seems like plenty of holes into the water jacket for this stuff. Does anyone have this intake with any of these valves, and if so what part# or makes and years will fit? I checked Napa but was unable to find these valves for that Jeep.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went to Napa and got the dual CTO switch for EGR and Air Pump vacuum control based on coolant temp. I will be checking tonight if the Edelbrock intake has a good place to screw it in.

Any body know which vacuum hoses hook to which numbers on the switch? The switch part number is PVS60 by Standard Motor Products. Ray at Napa said that the switch is used in Mopar vehicles. There are numbers on each pipe, 1 through 5. I am under the impression that one will go to the EGR valve, the associated to ported (shared with distributor) on Edelbrock 1400, then one will go to Air Pump bypass valve, and the associated one will go to manifold vacuum. The fifth will go stay open to vent to atmosphere when Air Pump bypass is off when warm. (So Air Pump goes downstream. I guess it would be easy enough to play with the switch until it is figured out, but any help is appreciated.

Does this set up sound right to you all?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
What the hell is a CTO, TVS, and HDC???

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
MudFlap said:
What the hell is a CTO, TVS, and HDC???
All vacuum line and emmisions line control switches and assorted junk that really needs to be removed but unfortunately in some states you gotta keep all that crap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts