Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at work the other night at intake manifolds. I can get a eddie for around 200 bucks.... it even had a pic.......... I looked it up under a 88 so it should have been for a tbi....... looked like it....... But i have a question............. Has any one ever put a intake on a tbi??? Would it be worth it? I still need more power!!!!!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I've never messed with a tbi, but i put an edlebrock intake and a holley 4bbl on my satellite, and got NO power increses, just terrible gas mileage. Stick with stock!

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Honchoman said:
I've never messed with a tbi, but i put an edlebrock intake and a holley 4bbl on my satellite, and got NO power increses, just terrible gas mileage. Stick with stock!
First off, this is a vehicle help topic.

Second, stick with stock??? WTF??? Aftermarket intake's flow alot better than stock. If the only thing you do is an intake and carb, you won't notice too much, and you might have had too big of a carb on the engine. My 2 cent's, I won't get too deep into this.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Actually, the topic of adapting a TBI setup to an aftermarket manifold is a valid Technical topic. James isn't trying to fix a broken vehicle.

There is an RCC member who is, I believe, in the process of making adapters for the Dodge TBI setups (off trucks, I presume) to fit a standard 4-bbl manifold such as the Edelbrock, etc. But I rather doubt you would feel much seat of the pants improvement by just swapping manifolds under the TBI. As has been mentioned, everything has to work as a system, and the manifold by itself won't do that much.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Honchoman said:
Try tuning it you should have felt a noticeable increase in your mid range.

The tbi adapter plates are simple get a 1/2" or 3/8" 7"x7" square piece of T-16 alum 1st mark it for it's holes for the intake then drill them out and then bolt it on the intake and cut off remaining excess material, then center the tbi on top and get a holesaw and cut out the throttle bores then polish the bores and now you are done.
As for bolting the tbi onto the plate you have 2 options, drill and tap the plate or drill and nut and bolt the tbi to the plate and use the 4 bolts to remove the tbi from the intake.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
The edelbrock performer makes less power then the cast iron 4 bbl manifold, unless you open up the ports on the edelbrock. I've seen an engine lose quite a bit of HP with going from stock to performer manifold in a magazine dyno test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.