Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
don't let 'um rile ya.... that's a sharp ride! got any pics of the interior? never seen one up close yet....

jeff

·
Registered
445 Posts
smallblockram said:
cool PT.,my sister has one also,hers is cranberry color.i was just wondering if you are having any problems with the A/C.the reason i am asking is,she getting a musty smell coming out of the vents,she was told by the dealer its because,the condensation isnt draining outside,because there isnt a hole for it to go.she brought it to the dealer and they didnt know how to fix,they werent sure where to drill the hole for the drain..so they just put some kind of air freshner stuff in the vents..to cover up the smell.when you drive down the road you can smell it coming out of the vents..my brother inlaw was told that chrysler had problems with this,with the PTs and some other cars.she's worried the the smell will get into the seats and wont come out.you know its funny how the dealer kisses your ass to get your money,but when you go back with a problem they dont want to take care of it!!!..oh well.
Most All the newer Chrysler's do that...The evaporator design is poor, the evaporator holds water so when you park the car it remains wet and mildew starts on it...There is a drain hole on all PT's, it's on the Passengers side firewall, but the problem is the evaporator. I have had 3 evap's put in my 99 Ram and two in my 97 because of this same problem.
The ONLY way to correct it (Until Chrysler redesigns the evap's) is to spray some Lysol in through the a/c intake once a week. (fan on low) The antibacterial in the Lysol kills the mildew and mold.

My Bro works at Lakeland Dodge and so I know all about this problem from him...All late model Chrysler owners have this complaint. ;D he said he changes probobly 15 evaps a week.

Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts