Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k.. My fluid has got water in it... need to get all the contaminated fluid out... now here is the qusetion... how can i get the fluid out of the torque converter? can i pull a line and run it till nothin comes out anymore? will that get the fluid out? Or maybe would a 727 have a drain plug on the converter? Don't need to ( or afford to ) have to change it more than once....
Thanks... Will

·
Premium Member
8,689 Posts
if you have alot of water in it you will have to change it more than once, if its not too much then it may vaporize and vent out, just to be safe I would do at least 2 flushes, also your 727 may or may not have a drain on the converter, it seems all of mine with a 360 do have em and some of the ones with a 318 do and some dont, you will have to pull the cover and see to be sure

·
Registered
926 Posts
Here is a good way to get the torque converter flushed:

Go to www.amsoil.com

They have instructions for pumping all the fluid out using the pump in the transmission. When I did it on my 727 the fluid would only pump when I put it in gear, but it works fine. I also measured the exact amount as it came out so I could replace it a pint at time.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... the fluid is just pink & bubbley.. So maybe a flush will do it.. lets hope & we will see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.