Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
lots of carburetor cleaner, and a screwdriver...
Maybe some of that combustion chamber cleaner that is supposed to remove carbon build up?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
MOPARMAMA said:
Any help with how to remove the blockage from the exhaust crossover would be great...
Why?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Explain the problem in it's entirety and with alot of detail and lets see what the problem is

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok... it slows down seriously when going uphill, doesn't accelerate as quickly as it should (i'm assuming it should have more pick up than my 4 barrel stratus) and just seems wimpy overall. don't know much about the mechanics of it, just trying to gather info for my ford experienced counterpart to work on my mopar...

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Does the trans kick down, is the hill real steep and be specific, it slows down how from 75mph to 25 mph in 500 feet on a 20 % grade i need more to go on here

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no, it doesn't kick down. traveling on the highway, or a hill in town for that matter, it just slows down. on a recent trip i was cruising at about 65 on a hilly road and it slowed to about 40. it doesn't seem to have the balls to pass a car on the straight flat stretches either.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Sounds like you should check and make sure the kickdown is working properly. With the throttle wide open make sure there is no slack in the kick down cable. How many miles are on this truck? Sounds like there may be more than just a plugged exhaust-unless you have or still have the catalytic coverter on it. If those are plugged up then that would cause some of the problems you are explaining. Could just need a good tune up as well.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Check your kick down 1st, your plugged heat cross over isn't going to do that

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Ok is it hooked up to the trans, i the mean time explain more with great detail

1 - 16 of 16 Posts