Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sat a 2wd cab onto my 4x4 and it went pretty well. I had to do some trimming to the tranny tunnel but it turned out real nice.

Anyway i noticed in the 2wd dash board theres a spot for my 4 wheel drive light thats covered with a plain black plate. Is there anyway I could rig up the light from my 4wd dash board?

Will wiring come from the axle, tcase, or where? I know I will have to swap the light and do a little custom wiring

·
Registered
29,628 Posts
well with an 85 and you should have the CAD axle the light will power thru the CAD axle / so go to the front end

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the wires I'll need to find/run into the cab?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
What happened to the 4x4's cab? That would have the wiring. It goes from the axle up to the D-side inner fender and firewall area, through a round black connector, then to more wires that then go through firewall to the dash light. If I remember, look for 2 dark green wires, about 12-14 gauge.
Good luck,
Mike

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have that cab mounted on my 2wd frame now. I swapped them out because of the massive rust and lack floorboards in the 4x4 cab. All the wiring is complete, I'll go check it out

Thanks

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright i found a 2 pin connector that goes to the front axle. The wires are bright green with a red stripe, and black with a dotted white stripe. I am thinking these are the right ones, and I also found the other connector it plugs into on the cab.

But for some reason the 2wd cab also had the connector it plugs into...and the wires match? Did they include it in with the 2wd harness but it did not connect to anything because it wasnt 4 wheel drive?

I'm wondering if there is going to be any kind of wiring in my 2wd dash or behind the black plate for the 4x4 light?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I can't say positively, but that's a good possibility, the factory tries to standardize as much as possible so who knows?
Sounds like you described the right wires, too, so plug 'em up and see what happens(remember to shift into 4wd too....LOL)
Mike

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't test it out right now because i don't have anything wired in the engine compartment, no fenders, and i still need to order a couple parts lol...

I just was wondering because once i get the outside of the truck done, i am starting on the inside...new dash lights, 4x4 lights...etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.