Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Phoenix AZ, and I'm looking for someone that can install and set up a new set of gears in my RC. I was going to get a set of 3.90's. I have a dana 44 front, and a 9 1/4 rear. I know that I have to get a new section for the 44(I have 3.23 now) to go with the 3.90. Doe's anyone know anyone that KNOWS how to set up a MOPAR rearend?? I had Desert Rat set up whats in there now, and they did a really crappy job. I don't think that the guy didn't even know how to set a mopar rear. I read up on the "how to " section, and I think I can do the rear end with out any trouble. But, the front end is a different story. I don't have the case spreader, etc, etc. So, if any mopar maniacs know how, Please help.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was the one on Rural Road just south of 60. Afler dropping $600{angry], next time I'll ask a few questions before I let anyone do anything.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Driving a little distance doesn't bother me at all. Hell, I'll drive to Tucson if they do the job right. And, if I get to meet a few people thats into Mopar, not chevy or ford like the bone heads at work. They rag on my Dodge all the time, but when we go wheelin, I'm the only one that can pull them out. Or, I go up this hill and wait for them at the top, and they don't have the power to even get half way up. Go figure...

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
DOnt the newer rams have 390 some thin gears in them? THe rams use the same axles as they pld ones right? It would seem to me that they would fit. I have no idea just curious/. ???

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think that Montana Ram got his gears done at Precision Drive Line in Phoenix (Grand Ave and Osborn). Their # is 602-269-1355. He said they were awesome. The guys were very familiar with the Dodge rearends and had a quick turn around time. You can send him an IM to double check, but I am sure that is where he said he got them done.

I also noticed that you weren't signed up with our chapter. We just had a trip to the lake and we are starting to plan a run to Crown King if you are interested. We would love to see you there.

http://ramchargercentral.com/_test/chaptersubmit.shtml

You can use the link above to sign up.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One step ahead of you 1bad84RC, already signed up a week or so ago. I'll drop Montana Ram an IM to find out the what too and where fore. Thanks everyone. Crown King you say. I think I have some off road maps of that area. That will be fun to go with some people thats got some capable 4bys.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Glad you signed up Duff. Can't wait to meet you and do some trailin!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts