Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be more members in this board than in the help section so I know that this is not the right thing to do but I am stuck. I am doing a break job on my 84 and have to replace the rotor on the pass side. I have the hub rotor assembly off the truck but it seems that the two are mates. Do I need to buy them together? What about the lug nuts studs? How do I seperate the two parts? HELP!!
Thanks Birk ???

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Knock out the studs

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
and now off to VH don't worry about the board not having that many members on it to ask the question in the correct board, there are no chains holding any of us in 1 board

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so knock out the studs. Use a 2 1/2 pound sledge? Something I will have to go back to Autozone for? Thanks Birk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it off and cleaning it up to reassemble Thanks again

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Hey no problem

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
took me 7 hours and about 3 trips to the Zone but it is done. I still have to retighten the knocked out studs but that is for the AM gona do the rear as well. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
No problem, atleast you're all done with the hard stuff

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
get in the zone pepboys lolol

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
took off the drums today and they look pretty damn good. Decided to check the new shoes against the old ones to just have on hand when the time to change comes around and the new ones are smaller then the old. When at the Zone yesterday they had a 10" and 111/2" set. got the 10", measured the drum and the drum is 11" inside . Gona return the shoes. What size is the right one? Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
84 Ramcharger 4x4 will have 11x 2 1/2" brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts