Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? my 90 RC will not start on a cold morning but will start in the afternoon. i've check everything i could but nothing. please help.

G

·
One of the sensors is sending an incorrect signal to the trucks computer so it thinks its warmer out than it really it is. This may be causing the computer to lean the air/fuel mixture to the point that it won't start when cold. I would change the coolant temperature sensor first and see if that helps.

Chris

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Or the intake air temp sensor. Are you getting codes?

·
7,995 Posts
Make sure your battery is in good shape and all battery cable connections are squeeky clean and tight. When removing the battery cables to clean them, this will clear most of the codes in the computer. After you drive it for for awhile, check the codes and see what comes back.

11 IGN reference signal No distributor reference signal detected during engine cranking.
Indicates a bad pick up sensor in the distributor or the wiring to it.
12 No. of key-ON's since last Direct battery input to controller disconnected with the last 50 fault ignition key-on cycles.
No problem-indiactes battery cable was disconnected in the past.
13 MAP pneumatic signal No variation in MAP sensor signal is detected.
or
MAP pneumatic change No difference is recognized between the engine MAP reading and the stored barometric pressure reading.
Bad MAP sensor, electrical connection/wiring to it or bad vacuum hose or vacuum supply.
17 Low engine temp Engine coolant temperature remains below normal operating temperatures during vehicle travel.
Could be bad engine coolant temperature sensor. Chris mentioned replacing this in a previous post.
36 Wastegate solenoid circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the wastegate solenoid circuit.
I don't know why this code set as you have no wastegate on this engine. Maybe it's supposed to read as a code 35 or 37?
42 ASD relay control circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the auto shut down relay circuit.
Could be a bad relay or other problems. Fix the code 11 and 17 first and clear the trouble codes and see if it comes back.
55 N/A Completion of fault code display on check engine lamp.
No problem...just means the computer is done telling you what codes it stored.

·
Registered
14 Posts
its simple get a new 02 senser, fuel filter, new spark plugs wires a new distributor cap and rotor. all of those together will help your truck run alot better i had the same problem with my RC about 4 months ago, after those try the battery

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank guy i think i got it. i change the pick up sensor and the rc seems to berunning better but i will not know until the mornings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts