Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with the 2 wire and connecter that plugs into the AC compressor there is a single wire, black with orange tracer that splits out of wire harness from fire wall and comes up passenger side valve cover toward front of engine. Can't find any where this wire possibly went to, it still has it's connecter which is or was clear white at one time. This is a 86 power ram royal se 150 318 automatic with AC all original wiring harness. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
the ONLY thing l,m finding is a OR/BK wire with a "white" connector for the TEMP light/gauge that would be right up by the back of the Alt = if your gauge works the wire is for a "light" = if your light works its for a gauge

NOTE / KISS = it breaks down to if it aint broke dont fix it , if everything works nothing is wrong  / with factory options they leave unplugged wires laying around all over the place and its NOT your job to try and figure out where they go or mine , have a nice day

·
Registered
649 Posts
This is the time to purchase a factory service manual for your truck that includes a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
where ever ya get one , at whatever price , the original  factory "book" is the only way to go . 70 for a collage book is cheap ..... so ....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have wiring diagrams, the ones in the back of the Haynes manual. Still trying to learn to read the dam things. Temp/ light wire sounds about right cause my truck has a single wire with a push on connecter at the front right in the manifold for the coolant temp sender unit for my gauge. That other wire is for idiot light I guess, thanks to all...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.