Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Man oh man did I do something stupid. Was backing up my RC with the driver side door open just cause I needed to move it real quick and was looking to my right and didn't see a pole on the left side. Luckily I was going slow so my door dint pop off but now its not flush and doesn't close all the way. The door looks completely fine and it doesn't look like the hinges snapped or anything. Again wasn't going slow so the second I heard the door creek a bit on the left side I stopped. Am i right in thinking there are some bushings that probably got smashed and are now prohibiting the door to sit flush? It sags about a whole inch.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Look at where the door hinges mount to both the door and body, see if there is any damage there. Like bent sheet metal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd put a piece of 2x4 under the rear bottom of the door, with it as close to closed as you can get it, and jack it back up with a floor jack.  A little at a time, checking it frequently to see if it's closing.  But then I am rough on equipment.

·
Administrator
62,294 Posts
Look at the bolts behind this half of the hinge. Hopefully the force just pushed them forward, and you can loosen them, and reposition the hinge. Two are accessed from behind the panel on the inside, and one is done from the outside front of the door, with the door open.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I got the two bolts out on the inside panel but the one that is on the outside and is only reachable with the door open is unreachable with any tools I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,204 Posts
Ya you can try to loosen the lower hinge bolts from the inside behind the plug but if that isn't enough then you bent your door and/or lower hinge. It doesnt take much. A little damage at the front edge of the door reveals itself more at the outer edge of the door. You can also try using a floor jack with some 2x4's underneath the rear of the door. Just open the door slightly and jack it up an inch or two. Might help as well.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
yeah , leave all the bolts in place ! just make them LOOSE , a long extension ( 3/8ths) , and go thru between the door and fender with door partly closed ..... ( a helper ?) you can use the "body lines" at the cab / door to "see" which way to move the door , you can remove the striker "pin" so what your seeing is NOT effected at the last minute by the ramp into the door latch / striker pin  good luck  :)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Ive done it before🤯 had to use a come along  to the hinges tied to a tree to pull it out .far worse than what your dealing with.    Than after that i flipped the truck. The a pillars and the roof was a pain to pull out.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the tips all! I was messing with it last night with a buddy. Looks like I can get the door aligned correctly again but now the door doesn't quite line up with the small pin bolt that the latch locks on to. So I loosened that out to move it close to the front of the car so it will lock. Still need to tweak it a bit but I am getting closer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.