Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Help finding a replacement 2 Barrel carb for '87 318 Ramcharger

988 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  volaredon 
#1 ·
Hey, first time posting after getting my hands on an 87 Ramcharger in the beginning of November. Ran into some major fuel delivery issues recently and found that the stock Holley carb is missing parts. Ive been trying to find a replacement, either OEM or aftermarket and have had pretty much no luck. Any ideas for where I could either find a rebuilt Holley R-4012 Carb, or what aftermarket carbs would be a suitable working replacement? Many thanks

#4 ·
Post up a bunch of pics. the 2280, and the 4015 are not the same, or close. One is a one bbl, and the other is a 2bbl.

Also make sure the lean burn has been fully removed.

#5 ·
if it really is a "lean burn" it will have a # 6280 on it with the "power jet valve" other wise it'll have a plain old # 2280 NON-lean burn carb on it

those are the ONLY two carbs for a 1987 TWO barrel 318 motor

#6 ·
Not necessarily. I've had a few lean burn vehicles without the feedback including my 87 (same year as yours) B250 van.
The 6280 feedback would have been a Calif/hi altitude thing. I'm in Illinois lotsa lean burn vehicles here, without the feedback crap.
The only thing that would have been lacking on a lean burn 2280 vs a regular electronic ignition version would be the nipple that would go to the vac advance can that the non lean burn version would have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.