Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Trying to change out the ball joints myself on my 89 RC 4x4. Didn't get very far b/c I don't know how to remove this hub assembly.

Thanks

·
Registered
29,359 Posts
theres a LARGE wire ring on the outside edge buried in the grease

·
Administrator
60,477 Posts
Should be able to just pull it out, it looks like you got the small clip off already, and I don't see the large ring that Dodgeboys is talking about(should not be there any way). You might try using two needle nose pliers, and grabbing from both sides at the same time, and pull/wiggle,twist, and pull some more.

DODGEBOYS said:
theres a LARGE wire ring on the outside edge buried in the grease
The CAD hub should not have the large ring from the factory. You can see in the picture the grove is empty, and the puck is not pushing where the ring would be if it was there.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SuperBurban said:
Should be able to just pull it out, it looks like you got the small clip off already, and I don't see the large ring that Dodgeboys is talking about(should not be there any way). You might try using two needle nose pliers, and grabbing from both sides at the same time, and pull/wiggle,twist, and pull some more.

The CAD hub should not have the large ring from the factory. You can see in the picture the grove is empty, and the puck is not pushing where the ring would be if it was there.
Thanks - you are correc there was no large outer ring, so I was able to just slowly inch it off.

THanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts