Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! This is a great site. I have been in and out of the older dodge trucks and ramchargers for a long time. Always kept them stock. I just bought a 1990 ramcharger with 318/A518 trans combo that could be the first one I mod and stuff a 440 in!!!! Look forward to talking with everyone and meeting new folks. Thanks again

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Welcome aboard son. This is the Dodge truck headquarters. 馃憢

Registered
howdy and welcome

BIG blocks belong in hotrods - not 4x4 trucks

l,ve had two 440 4x4 trucks and l broke EVERYTHING that is breakable

just my opinion but the small blocks are more than enuf to power a 4x4 truck thru anything

whats wrong with your 318

now l,ll just wait for Kurts reply

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
It just means that you need stronger patrs! 馃榿

Reactions: KurtfromLaQuinta

Registered
318LA to 360mag would feel like a big block swap instead of going to 440! i do love the 440 though, I鈥檓 just a hater.

It's not quite the same. A 440 is a night and day difference. Yes my 318LA was hopped up a bit but I didn't notice THAT MUCH of a difference when I swapped in my 360 Magnum engine. Now, to be fair, I haven't been out in the bush with my Magnum yet so maybe there is more on the table still, we'll see.

Registered
It's not quite the same. A 440 is a night and day difference. Yes my 318LA was hopped up a bit but I didn't notice THAT MUCH of a difference when I swapped in my 360 Magnum engine. Now, to be fair, I haven't been out in the bush with my Magnum yet so maybe there is more on the table still, we'll see.
my plain Jane tired 318 (doesnt Help it鈥檚 TBI) is like a two stroke engine compared to my 360 mag 408 stroker. My fathers 318 mag is even night and day to me.

Registered
howdy and welcome

now l,ll just wait for Kurts reply
My reply... Pffffttttt! LoL!
Why not have both?
I'll tell you what. If you drive in the dunes... you can't have too much horsepower.

What happened to the smiley emojis?

Registered
My reply... Pffffttttt! LoL!
Why not have both?
I'll tell you what. If you drive in the dunes... you can't have too much horsepower.

What happened to the smiley emojis?
l was expecting something demeaning and witty

It just means that you need stronger patrs! 馃榿
when your snapping dana 60 axles [front and rear ] splitting 205 t-cases in half , blowing 727 trannys in half that are fortified with all the best Hemi parts , it's time to take a step back

Yikes, you broke all that stuff with a stock 440?! Crazy

Registered
1 - 13 of 13 Posts