Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first RC so I'm new to the club. It's a 84 4x4 Prospector with a 318 in it. It had been sitting for a while, so I'm changing all the fluids and giving it a tune up. It runs pretty good, but it is a little cold nature. Has a little hesitation until it gets good and warm. But I found a pair of these headers at a GREAT price. Any comments would be great on these headers. Anyone run Hedman headers on theirs?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Yes i run the hedman headers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how well do they hold up? get good responce out of them?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Yeah they helped alittle, as for lenght of time, they gotta be in there for 5 years now, there in ok shape alittle rusty i would get them coated next time, and most likely i'll got to the hedman step header rather than this style , but fit is great, you might want to consider the step design rather than the regular header

·
2,317 Posts
i love hedman headers. i agree with marty, my next set will be step. but if you got a good deal on the reg, go for it. might want to look into the mini starters like on the dakota. you can change them without loosing the headers.

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Spend the extra money and get the creamic coated headers, they last a hell of alot longer than regular headers. Also make sure they are made out T304 Stainless steel, If you get the T304 the only things that will rust are the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've had Headmen for about 6 years and they are fine for the money. Sealing headers are a pain. Use a high temp exshuast RTV when try to seal them.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Stainless?? the step headers come in stainless MS? what are you saying coat stainless headers? your confusing people here, if it's stainless you don't need to coat it.
If you get stainless headers that's great then just get strainless hardware and nothing will rust

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Oh ok MS i got you now

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Of course speaking of Exhaust if you gonna put headers on you might as well put a newer muffler on at the same time. I recommend a 40 series Flowmaster.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i have them on my 84 rc and the collector of the right one rubs on the driveshaft.i went with 2.5 inch true duals with flowmaster 50 series and got a nice sound plus picked up about 4 miles per gallon

jason

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info. my computer decided it wanted to die this weekend, so looks like I'm fixing it for now. gave me some good stuff to think about though. I want to run some headers with true duals and pick up a little mpg. I wasn't looking for a fuel economy ride, but I could use a little help in the mpg. I've even thought about throwing some cherry bombs under there.... make some noise, huh?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Get the hedman step headers then

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya know... I think I'll check out the hedman step headers...

thanks man!

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Lol the server screwed up and made those extra posts, i wasn't repeating myself purposely lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.