Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks
saw a post about how to speed up the fan motor, for the a/c
and heater.now i can't find it.does anybody now how to do that.
i have a 1976 dodge crewcab truck.is there a fan that will
interchange with the stock one.need to have more air blowing
out of the ducts,to cool the inside of the truck.

thanks ron

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i need a new motor for my truck as well.... it just doesn't cut it PLUS its havin a big draw off the electrical system... anyone have ideas???

·
7,995 Posts
Gotta get the current draw out of the factory fuse block before it melts! Common problem with 70's Dodge Trucks...also clean out the heater/AC box where the blower and evaporater are.This diagram is for a 2 speed setup(without A/C) if you have 3 speeds you can always add another relay...but you really don't need it for the Lo setting on a 3 speed setup due to it's low current draw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I noticed yesterday that my AC has already melted the fuse box.... what the heck? Can I pull the wires and add a fuse between em?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have an 83 RC, and I bought a new fan motor thinking that the original was worn out. It does not move any more air than the old one. I connected it directly to the battery to eliminate any bad connections and such with no change in speed. More voltage ??? or a better replacement type fan is all I can think of that would make any difference.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Make sure your ground wire is good and also connected to a known good ground. Your motor is only as good as the weakest link. and just having a good connection to the battery is not enough.

Mac

drc83 said:
I have an 83 RC, and I bought a new fan motor thinking that the original was worn out. It does not move any more air than the old one. I connected it directly to the battery to eliminate any bad connections and such with no change in speed. More voltage ??? or a better replacement type fan is all I can think of that would make any difference.

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I said I connected the fan directly to the battery I meant that I connected both wires from the fan directly to the battery, that includes the ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.